prolouge

prolouge

song:
hard 2 face reality by Poo Bear ft. Justin Bieber

ethans pov
[5 months later]
summer break

I laid softly on the sheeted floor, blankets thrown everywhere to let my body sink in. My head sunk deeper into the pillow, the warm summer air being cut out by the large fan that sent cool air throughout the lounge.

The blankets and sheets that hung loosely down began to sway from the fan, the fairy lights i had been so stubborn on hanging, lighting up the inside just nicely.

The blaring light of the tv was a big negative, but the space was so big that it didn't faze me too much. 

A large exhale of air left my soft lips, my eyebrows knitting together at the loss of knowing what to pick. The netflix options all laid out on the screen, yet not one stood out to me.

My lips began to purse together in a straight line, frustration slowly getting to me as i began scrolling for what seemed forever.

Another exhausted sigh escaped whilst i dropped the apple remote for a few seconds. My hand raised towards my forehead, my thumb rubbing in a circular motion over my temples as the now annoying silence began to tick my nerves. My body needing something other than a fan and light ticking of a clock to be playing right now.

I shut my eyelids, inhaling through my nostrils to then soon shake my head and cut out of it. My hand dropped from my head, picking up the remote as i clicked across the line of shows and movies.

All of a sudden, i take a long pause as i stop clicking, focusing on 'the vampire diaries'.

memory

"Nope!" A loud and demanding word escaped from Baileys lips. Her head tucking itself into the blanket; hiding herself.

The tv continues playing, my eyes peeling themselves away, looking at the stubborn girl beneath me. A chuckle creeps its way up form my throat, echoing through our fort.

"What? Stop hiding." I speak between giggles.

"No Ethan! This part is too sad!" She hides her face, snuggling deeper into the blanket. Her pillow is clearly seen with tear stains from her

I chuckle slightly, slowly peeling the blanket away. Her fist collects the blanket, pulling it back to keep her face hidden. But a simple tug is all it takes to remove the blanket, her bottom lip dropping. 

I stifle a small laugh, picking her chin up.

"I am always here for you when you cry Precious.." I rub her cheek with the pad of my thumb. The simple gesture making her eyelids flutter shut with a sigh. 

"But Stefan is so hurt!" She whines, the tv playing his words in the background. Just hearing it made her face scrunch together with a smile trying not to show as she stares at my silly expression; trying to cheer her up.

"Its just a show Bails" I tease, poking the side of her body. Her jaw nearly drops; gasping at my words. She scrambles away, holding tightly onto the blanket as she kept it tucked into her chest.

"And?! Real emotions here!" Her eyes pop out, her dramatic gestures making me laugh as she throws her arms around. She throws her arms around making me laugh harder.

"Oh Bails... You're too cute." I lean in to place a soft kiss on her cheek, her body freezing at my actions, giving me enough time to shuffle towards her; wrapping my arms around her body.