27

27 | all of her

song: rest of you by six60

ETHANS POV

imessage

I stared continuously at the phone. The bright light blared into my eyes that it nearly burnt, my eyes not blinking. My indecisiveness was beginning to shine through it was infuriating.

My finger was tapping on the side of my phone quicker and quicker, her name just staring right back at me.

Maybe i should just call her instead?

The thought of it just lead me to her voice, how it was so relieving to hear. But it was also so nerve racking.

All this thinking was beginning to blow up, all these emotions were building up and it was driving me nuts. I couldn't handle it anymore.

Without even truly realising it, my phone was dialling her number. The view my eyes had of my phone beginning to call her was terrifying, very much so that i ended it quicker than i could blink.

me
sorry i didn't mean to call you

precious
no worries

me
fuck it
yes i did 

precious
hold up

Admitting that so quickly and easily was equally painful yet relieving. I had expected for her to be confused or upset with me for being so straight forward. But i hadn't expected her to call me right away. Neither was i ready for my small freak out with my thumbs to then answer the call.

My eyes bulged out from how quickly i answered, contemplating on whether she thought i was a freak for answering the second she called. My free hand came to run my fingers through my dark hair, pulling at the roots.

"uh- ah hey b!" I squint my eyes hard, cursing myself in my head at how dumb that just sounded. Her confused giggle lighted my chest, my eyelids peeling open with this sort of peaceful knowledge at knowing she was in some type of good mood to be able to laugh at my dumb ass.

"hey you weirdo, whats up?" her cheerful voice spoke, my head shaking as my hair that once pulled at my roots just fell to my side. 

Whats got her in such a great mood?

A small chuckle fell from my lips, a smile plastering itself onto them before a warmth is met with my entire being. "hey.."

Its all that came out, all i could say. A huge weight lifted off my shoulders, causing me to feel so light. A floating type sensation running through my body.

Instead of her laughing at me or asking what i was even on about, she replied just the same. A small puff of air before speaking softly. "hey.." 

"so uh, well, i guess- how-" a continuous banging of a hammer that my fist was controlling began to hit the surface of my brain. Im so fucking dumb. 

With a deep inhale and sharp squint of the eyes, i breathed. "how are you? you good?" my hand extends, as if i'm asking her in person. My dumb expressions making my entire body squirm; cringing.

"i'm good.." her small giggles brought a fluttering light buzz to enter my body. "but the real question is are you good?"

"me? ha im very good, so good in fact." 

i didn't get to think as i was speaking. but once the words came out, my brain finally clicked. my head tilted as i asked myself. who am i? what am i doing? what kind of pathetic ass-

"so good he says." she chuckles, the same thing happening to my heart as i heard it. its pace quickening. the rest of my body disappearing. it never got old.

i even had endless time to picture her curved lips smiling whilst the giggles escaped. her eyes lighting up while her nose crinkled up with her eyebrows. 

"ethan.. is there anything you wanted to speak about specifically?" her soft tone was cautious, not trying to give me the wrong impression. in fact, it wasn't hard to tell she was enjoying this weird conversation as much as i was dreading my responses.

"well, not exactly."

"i was half expecting a smooth response from you the last six responses." she laughs, my face turning a beet red. 

she was right.

one of the greatest things i had always could count on was my ability in leaving her speechless with this great world comeback. This cheek blushing smooth reply. This snarky input.

but i was entirely lost on her.

I was so lost of words by this person that it was truly and utterly maddening and sadly embarrassing.

"its your fault!" i whine, my eyebrows furrowing as i tried explaining it. "how am i supposed to even speak when your laugh is the only thing i can hear!"

"oops! i'm sorry, i'll stop." she speaks so quickly i couldn't think.

"wait! no! don't stop." i sounded so desperate i think i might just go fall in a hole now.

There was no point in hiding how nervous she made me. I was falling all over the place i think a blind person could tell how fucking embarrassing my motions were.

"ethan dear, you really need to make up your mind-" i could picture her head tilted while her hand rested on her hip, her sarcastic mom pose just killing me.

"okay now you're doing it on purpose." i point my finger straight forward as if she were standing in front of me. Her laugh is the only thing ringing through, making my entire body give up and fall backwards onto my bed.

"calling me right away, answering so cute with that laugh or yours basically taunting me and- and- ugh!" i was going mad; nuts.

There was a small pause of almost silence, but you could hear the way she was trying not to laugh and that was worse than hearing her laugh.

My eyes basically rolled to the back of my head while my neck extended out, my toes curling and my entire body was just going crazy. Let me remind you, this is over a call. Nothing crazy happening, you know.. just this girl actually on the other side of my phone, talking to me.

i was over-exaggerating every little thing, but this thing inside me couldn't help it. Sure this embarssment could be enough for me to dig myself a deep hole that i could never escape.

But i wasn't afraid for Bailey to see me like this. There was nothing in me that would want her to not see me like this. Sure.. maybe if i toned it down a little, but i wanted her to know.

I'm crazy about her and only her. 

Cheesy, cliche and all round in-deep teenage boy.

shortish pt 1.

hope you enjoyed this chapter and sorry for the long wait! comment your thoughts! what do you think is going to happen next?

please vote and comment crazy, wont ask for a limit but i really appreciate all ur support :)

teaser:

come together just to be torn apart