22

22 | lunch

song: so far by paige

Ethan's POV
[Lunch Time]

I didn't want to force April into telling the group. So i was thinking perhaps she wanted to tell them in a few weeks or so.

But no.

I was way off. 

She wanted to get this all over with right away. I swear i kept asking if she was sure. And her response was always,

"I've already told you! if i get this off my chest in one go then i'll feel way better."

I guess it kinda made sense, but i was just afraid to face Bailey again.

Not that she did anything, i just left her standing there.

It's been on my mind ever since I left to my first class. My schedule says we don't have English till last period and to be honest, i'm begging to talk to her.

"Hey bud!" Jacob call's out from down the hallway we both are walking down, readjusting our bags as we did so.

His lips curve up as i raises my hand; waving.

He scoots his way through the crowd of people, coming towards me.

My smile slightly drops as i remember teasing him about April. What if Jacob had something for April?

I swallow the lump in my throat just hoping that it was a friendly gesture. Its not like April said she didn't like boys anyways, her preference was that she liked girls better.

But Jacob is so pure and kind. He is sweet and funny and the guy has some cheesy romantic skills. 

"Hey Bro." He nudges my shoulder with a cheeky smile making my cheeks more defined.

I lift my head up as a 'whats up'. "Seen the others?"  I ask, looking around a bit. He stands on his tippy toes for a few seconds, searching over the heads of all the students flooding the halls as it was lunch time.

"Mmm well I was just with Scott and Jarvis, but they said to look for the others while they save us a spot." He explains making my head nod; understanding.

"Ethan!" A certain voice yells sending shivers down my back. I swallow down, not believing what i was hearing.

As my head turns slowly to see if my mind were playing tricks on me. I was surprised to see Bailey.

She stood behind a few students that were pushing their way through. A soft smile was spread across her lips as she waves.

All her actions were affecting me so badly that it sent a certain warmth to overflow my body.

My hand raises as i wave back, my mouth slight agape as i still couldn't believe it.

Jacob nudges me a small bit with a cheeky smile. I could see his teasing glare in the corner of my eye.

"I'll go find the others, you catch up with your girl." Jacob whispers loudly in my ear.

He is about to walk away, making my arm spread out and stop him for a second. My eyes still not leaving Bailey who was walking towards me.

"Thank you." i whisper back, leaning my head his way. I hear a chuckle leave his lips as i see his head nodding in the corner of my eye.

As my arm drops, releasing Jacob to leave, Bailey skims her way past a little quicker as she jogs the last few steps.