20

20 | April

song: hawaiin party by cub sport
(duh)

Ethans POV
[Monday Afternoon]

"you're kidding!" loud laughs fall past my lips as i clench onto my stomach.

"nope, im being totally serious." April facepalms as she rolls onto her back. We can't help but chuckle at our crazy conversation; laughs bouncing off the walls.

Before the both of us can speak, a knock on the door interrupts is.

"yo!" i call out; signalling for whoever it is to come in.

The door handle twists open to reveal Grayson with a bowl of fruit.

"what are you guys doing?" he chuckles.

"April was just telling me about-" before i can finish my sentence, Aprils hand covers my mouth; stopping me from speaking.

"shut the hell up." she giggles.

Grayson rolls his eyes jokingly before popping an cut apple into his mouth. "well if you want to join, me and Riley are watching a movie." Grayson offers.

I raise my brows up and down quickly as i take in his offer.

My back laid on the headboard as April lies on her back.

Before Grayson can turn back, he stops himself.

Spinning on his heels, he returns his attention back to me. "oh! Malia wanted to talk to you as well!"

My eyebrows furrow in confusion. "i forgot she told me to remind you to meet up with her." he groans at himself.

By now im not sure what to really do. "should i text her?" i ask with my hand fiddling aorund for my phone.

"no no no, i'll call her and just see if it was that important to talk to you." he says. I know deep down he probably thinks he is an idiot, but i figure not to say anything in case he is feeling bad.

Its not a big deal unless it was for Malia.

"don't worry bout it Gray, i can text her." i say, trying not to worry him.

He just seems all over the place lately.

Its starting to worry me as an older brother.

He begins to shake his head, running his free hand through his hair.

"no its-"

"Gray, its okay." I push my back off the headboard, finally grabbing my phone from my side table.

"Ethan its-" Grayson is cut off by dropping the bowl of fruit on the ground.

My body fully jolts up as i throw myself off the bed. Aprils eyes widen as her arms extend; keeping her up.

We all let out gasps as Graysons tired eyes squint shut.

"ugh." he lets out a groan, making me a little more worried.

I make my way over to him as he is already bent down; picking up the dropped fruit.

I hear his breathing become heavy as i bend down next to him.

Aprils footsteps are heard behind us as she sits beside; helping. Grayson sniffles a few times; sounding a little sick.

"i-im sorry." his soft voice says.

I feel sympathy for him but also guilt rushing through my bones.

He does not seem okay at all.

"hey is everything alright?-" Rileys voice calls out from down the hallway, soon being stopped with a light gasp. She rushes over, bending down.