Chapter 4

Naushad could see the blood drained out of Meher's face! He notices how she is trying to resist her shivering. He finds it weird. Even if she is into a relationship and have stepped one step ahead in the relationship but why is she afraid of getting caught by him to this extent? He understands what was brewing up between them! But that's okay if she has finally got someone to be with. After all nothing has been exchanged verbally between them. But who are you kidding Naushad? Even if nothing has been exchanged verbally, but does that give her the freedom to get away from the silent and secret relationship that she shares with you?

Your relationship with her was based on 'trust', 'faith' and 'belief'!

Arwa broke your trust, faith and belief and you hate her to the core today. Meher today did the same but here you are sitting like a fool making her to understand that that's fine to love someone else after giving hope to someone already that you have feelings for him?

How according to you Meher differs to Arwa now?

"Doc... Dr. Rizvi... main...",

Meher begins nervously her eyes glued to the packet under his hand.

Suddenly she remembers everything and gets an anxiety attack.

"Doc... Dr. Mirza... are you... Meher... kya hua...??",

asks Naushad, his broken words reflect his tensed and nervous state at this moment, concerned about Meher's well being.

He gets up and tries to hold her to help her get relaxed but she shrugs off his hand with a jerk!

This comes as a surprise for Naushad.

"Don't... don't touch me...",

says Meher, as her whole body goes through shivers as he touches her. Her heartbeat increases all the more. Her muscle cells of her arms contracts out of fear of his touch! She goes through the state of anxiety, never looking towards Naushad out of nervousness.

Naushad submits to her demand and stops himself from going closer to her. But his eyes constant on her to make sure that she is fine.

"I... I need to go... I am sorry!",

saying so she gets up but her eyes fall on the packet produced by Naushad. It makes her feel dizzy. Before she could walk few steps, she collapses on the floor.

"Meher...!",

shouts Naushad in horror and gets down to her.

All others in the canteen crowd around Naushad and Meher.

"It's.. it's okay...! Aap log please bheed mat lagayiye. Get back to your work, now!",

orders Naushad.

All giving nervous looks to both Naushad and Meher leave.

Tensed Naushad takes Meher's right hand in between his palms and rub it vigorously to get her back into senses, staring her with knitted brows, anxious to get any sign of her getting back to senses. But alas! he gets none!

He gets up and quickly shoves the packet of contraceptive into his pocket. Getting down back, he picks her into his arms and quickly walks towards an empty bed in the hospital.

All passersby stare them - few in horror; few in disbelief; few find it romantic and gets assured that they surely share a bond which is more than friendship!