Chapter 6

Meher's phone rings constantly. Each call belongs to someone from her family or close people. She receives none!

She is running on a lonely long stretched road, away from everyone; everything, crying bitterly. Where she is going to, she knows not. Sometimes it feels as if Naushad is standing there at a far away distance with his arms wide open for her and she runs to him in as much speed as possible, forgetting all her pain and body ache. But the more she runs the more he seems to go far from her. Tired and breathless she stops, holding her knees she breathes heavily and cries all the more.

~*~*~

On the other hand reaching home Naushad too closes himself into his room. Constantly thinking about everything that he discovered today! Sitting on his arm chair, resting back his head he swings the chair vigorously, his eyes closed, all good moments spent with Meher flashing in front of his closed eyes. Then slowly they getting mingled with the heart wrenching moments that he just came living. Tear drops roll down his cheeks.

~*~*~

Jannat too walks alone in some other lonely road, heart broken. She could do nothing for her sister, she feels so helpless. She still has the urge to kill the monster only if it were that easy!

~*~*~

Amaal, she has no idea what turmoils are her each family member facing at this moment as she is not there with them.

While the party was at full swing she escaped that place to try her lucks in modeling again, this time, new place and with new people!

~*~*~

Coincidentally not only Amaal but Bano too was trying to escape to fulfill her dream - to become a singer. But she had no idea that this journey would be her ultimate journey!

The riots got severe and Bano - an innocent became a victim of the riot!

How easy it is, isn't it? To make someone victim just like that? Meher became a victim too! And in spite of her praying each night thereafter, that her sisters be saved from becoming victims, today it feels that either there is nothing called God that exists or her prays reached to deaf ears! Why else would God choose to ruin the life of another Mirza girl, after Meher?

~*~*~

Meher finally decides to receive the call. Where she anticipated her mother asking her where she is right now, there she gets shocked when she hears her mother crying on the phone and saying,

"Bano....!"

"Bano kya hua Bano ko?",

asks Meher, with a throbbing heart.

She cannot endure anymore secrecy!

"Ammi bataooo kya hua Bano ko??",

she shouts standing at the middle of the road.

"Bano humare beech nahi rahi Meherunissa!!!!!",

shouts her mother whilst crying bitterly!

How? Why? When? Meher doesn't have any patience and stamina to ask all that! Her phone slips off her hand out of shock! She falls down on the road, kneeling and cries loud and bitterly, looking heavenwards. She has nothing to say; nothing to complain! Because sometimes the pain; the hurt get so much that yoh go numb! Numb is exactly what Meher is right now! Exhausted and numb! What is exactly happening with her life? With their lives? - she wonders! But gets no answer!