➹ 1.3

"Hey!"

At that call, Jaehee craned her neck to her left to look at who was calling her, or at least she thought. Her eyes landed on Aeri who waved her hand. She smiled relievedly, Jaehee thought she might have to sit in front again and endure the urge to sleep but luckily Aeri saved her life.

"I saved you a seat." She commented as Jaehee sat next to her. "You're a life saver." Jaehee thanked her. The two as well as the rest of the class had their eyes focused to the front, where the lecturer was talking. This time, Jaehee actually enjoyed the lesson as it was her favourite subject, marketing.

Most probably because the lecturer was such a hype, he was always so excited to explain and his excitement was what kept her from actually drifting to her dreamland.

Ding!

Her heart almost stopped when she realised she didn't put her phone on silent and luckily, the tone didn't reach to the front of the hall. Jaehee took out her phone and noticed she got a message from none other than Doyoung.

DOYOUNG:
im still waiting...

JAEHEE:
i have class! 😡

She locked her phone and put in on top of her table, next to her pen. Her mind travelled to the paper he gave her last night, but she hadn't got a chance to properly read or even open it yet. However, she pushed that thought aside, she needed to focus in class. Sophomore year was very im—

Ding!
Ding!
Ding!

This time, almost half of the class looked in her way, Jaehee was dead embarrassed. She decided to silent her phone before checking the messages from yet the same annoying person.

DOYOUNG:
did you even read the
documents i gave?

DOYOUNG:
because if you did
im sure you would've called
me by last night

DOYOUNG:
unless, you lied
about being adopted
which is bad for me

JAEHEE:
oh my god, would
you please stay quiet?
im in the middle of class
right now.

She heaved a heavy sigh as she placed her phone on the table, flipping it around so she wouldn't have to read whatever he decided to reply. It wasn't that she lied, she wasn't ready to find out the truth.

However, this idiot seemed to be oblivious about that. Doesn't he have class or work too? She wondered as he seemed to be the same age as hers.

"Who's that?" Aeri couldn't help but to ask. "Spam." Jaehee smiled and before she could resume focusing, her phone buzzed. However, she tried to ignore it but it kept buzzing and she was so close to throwing her phone away. "I think you should get that." Aeri pointed to her phone. Jaehee hesitated before reading his reply.

DOYOUNG:
oh, i see

DOYOUNG:
psh, it's just class
they wont notice you
texting anyway

DOYOUNG:
anyways, when are we
going to meet?
because i have a lot to
tell you about this
adoption thing

DOYOUNG:
provided, you didnt lie
about the whole thing

JAEHEE:
doyoung, i know youre excited
because your richass self finds joy
in someone else's misery
but please,, keep your fingers
to yourself for just
ONE DAMN HOUR