➹ 4.3

'You are invited to
a special dining with
Kim Doyoung.
Venue: Palm Springs
Time: 9 pm
Be there, because I say so.'

Jaehee chuckled at the invitation card she found as soon as she was about to enter her apartment. The guy had stuck the card right between the door so she'd see it as soon as she was about to type in her password.

Though Jaehee called him to meet up once he landed due to her excitement to tell him what happened, she didn't expect for him to prepare an invitation. Jaehee felt truly grateful to have met Doyoung, he was like the solution to her every problem. He always knew what to say.

She had to thank him a lot, despite him spending too much on her, Jaehee had to thank him for the most important thing. He made her realise life wasn't as bad as she thought. He opened her mind to see the bigger picture of her adoption. The girl didn't know how, but he made it possible. She felt glad that she decided to go to the bar after her breakup.

Though she truly loved Doyoung, the girl wasn't ready to confess to him just yet. A part of her, was still afraid. It might be ridiculous but that was how she was. Jaehee was the type to have a hard time to open up and even for Doyoung, she needed a little more time to brave herself.

Certainly, she felt bad for him. Jaehee didn't want Doyoung to think that she didn't feel the same. At times, she hated herself for being so reluctant but she had no choice. Jaehee felt bad whenever Doyoung leaned in to kiss her, he could notice how she hesitated. Still, Jaehee tried her best to make him feel appreciated. She just couldn't tell him that she wasn't ready, thus she forced herself to be.

She thought of calling him to tease him about the unnecessary invitation, but decided against it. Instead, she went inside and started to fish for decent clothings to wear later.

Jaehee hadn't contacted Aeri as well, she found it a little too soon to announce. Jaehee's mother also mentioned that she was ready to meet her birth mother whenever Jaehee was prepared.

She felt so lucky the fact that her mother was very supportive of her when she broke the news that she might have found her real mother. Jaehee didn't want her mother to feel left out as no one could replace her.

Her phone buzzed, she expected a text from Haechan to remind her that she had work tomorrow. However, instead it was from an unknown number.

can we meet up?
I have something
to tell you
— yuta

Jaehee didn't know why but her heart was racing wildly, out of fear, out of false hope. Why would he want to meet up? They haven't talked since Doyoung's party and that was over 5 months ago.

She contemplated whether to ask Taeyong about it, or even call Doyoung to tell him. However, with a loud thumping heart, Jaehee decided to agree. Maybe he wanted to clear the air, maybe it was goodbye.

It would be a good opportunity to her as well, as thought it was time she had to let him go. She couldn't be thinking of him, not when she was determined to give her heart to Doyoung.

Jaheee didn't reply, simply thought that maybe she would tell Doyoung first tonight before she decided a date and time.

⟨➹⟩

When nighttime fell, Jaehee stood in front of the supposedly place to dine. She stared at the grand door for a while. It was designed like an old Korean house, where private dining rooms were prepared and you'd have to sit on the floor. Despite it all, she could tell in a whim that it was expensive as hell.