➹ 4.6

Days went by after the horrid event, Jaehee folded her clothes. Her hair was no longer a mess, her eyes no longer swollen from the constant crying. She was glad, that she was able to breathe as a new person. It was painful for her to forget everything, everything she cherished so much but she had to try.

She stayed at her mother's house, dropping by her apartment every now and then to collect her things, all the stuffs she needed to make her leave for New York.

Jaehee even stopped by the cafe to say her goodbyes to her dearest friend and her favourite highschool boy. Taeil was a little sad that she was leaving for New York before him, but he wished her all the best.

His much melancholic speech was eventually stopped by Haechan who commented that he sounded like he was giving an eulogy.

In three days time, her supposedly new life was going about to start. She was going to become a new person, in a new environment. Jaehee truly wanted to start anew, without the help of anyone else. She called it soul searching.

"Jaehee, someone is here to see you."

She heard her mother knocked on her bedroom door. Jaehee left her luggage and walked down the stairs. It would be a lie if she wasn't expecting Doyoung, but she knew it was impossible. He didn't even know where her parents' house was, or at least she didn't recall telling him.

However, she was surprised by Aeri's sudden appearance nonetheless happy to see her in the living hall.

As Jaehee entered the living hall, the atmosphere seemed to die down. There was an unfamiliar woman seated next to her mother. There was a look in her eyes that Jaehee couldn't decipher, she seemed bothered and sad even. Fortunately, Aeri distracted her from thinking further.

"Do you know how hard it is to find you?"

She said, pulling Jaehee into a hug. Jaehee had been ignoring everyone. She even ghosted Aeri as she was afraid that she might encounter Doyoung through her.

Though Jaehee nearly forgot that she was potentially her long lost sister, Jaehee found it pointless to find her birth family. She lost her will to find them now that she lost Doyoung.

"I tried to call you all week." She said. "I changed my number." Jaehee grinned, but she couldn't help to glance at the elegant woman. She was dressed in a pencil skirt and her white blouse was shimmering. However, the aura was different. This woman seemed warm and somehow sad.

Aeri took both of her hands, which startled the girl. "I know you're going to think this is a joke but please listen to me." Aeri said and Jaehee's heart started to race. She was expecting something too much, but as she glance at their necklaces she knew this might be it.

"I'm truly glad to have found you, twin."

Jaehee wanted to chuckle, but Aeri and everyone else seemed to be in a serious and expecting mood. She looked down to their necklaces and removed hers before Aeri did the same. Though Aeri had shown it before, Jaehee wanted to see it again. She connected the necklaces, forming a full sun with their birthdate and names on it.

She lifted her head, to find the woman walking towards the two of them. Jaehee finally noticed a familiarity. She might be exaggerating but her grin somehow reminded her of her older self.