➹ 2.3

A dream event,
Friday night at 9 pm.
You'll be my plus one,
so be nice and wear black.
I'll pick you up at 8,
don't be late.
                                     —the amazing doyoung

Jaehee laughed at the so called invitation card she received. His extra self decided to send a card instead of texting her or something. Along with the card was a small package. She opened the mini box and found a hairpin inside it.

The hairpin was golden with small pink diamonds and flowers decorating it. Simple, yet eye catching. A fancy taste for a dry man like him, she chuckled. She placed down the gift and the card, only to realise she was going to have another headache to think what she was going to wear on that night.

She had a choice to go or not, but she had decided as she was already busy finding the perfect dress. Jaehee frantically went through her the double closet she owned.

Pulling out anything that would seem appropriate to wear but she had none. Either the colour wasn't black or simply it wasn't as elegant to match the decorations she saw yesterday.

After what seemed like an hour of going through her closet, she made up her mind. Jung Jaehee had nothing to wear.

The girl scrolled through her contacts, the first person in mind was Doyoung. She wanted to ask him out to look for her dress, but then again she wanted to surprise him or at least she thought of doing so.

She went down and stopped at Taeil, it seemed like a good choice. However, Taeil was just going to nag and pick something stupid for her to wear instead so, no. Haechan wasn't a choice either, he was simply a highschool boy, he wouldn't be much of a help.

It was then she decided to call her new friend, Aeri. She seemed cool, and the two of them shared quite the same interest so maybe she'd be a great help. And dialled her number she did.

⟨➹⟩

"Is this okay?"
"No?"
"Okay, this one?"

"Ugh, I'm gonna cry." Jaehee rolled her eyes backwards as she dropped the dress on the floor, she was frustrated.

Aeri didn't even have a chance to say anything and the other girl was already jumping into her own conclusions.

She was even surprised when Jaehee called her in the morning asking if they could go shopping after class. Aeri loved shopping, so she was far more excited than the main girl.

They headed to the mall directly to help Jaehee in her mission to find the perfect dress.

The girls were reminded of their high school prom, the struggle was coming back. "Jaehee, I haven't commented anything yet but you kept on changing dresses." Aeri said, sipping her drink as she was already exhausted following her friend around. "That means the dresses I tried were ugly." Jaehee said, before turning around to take a look at the mini dress she was trying.

"You know what, why don't you try the other one while I find what I think may suit you the best." Aeri suggested after a while and shoved the other girl into the fitting room. Aeri started roaming around the store, looking for a black dress.

She scanned around all the displayed dresses but found nothing that interest her until she came across two dresses a black maxi dress, one with diaphanous sleeves and embroidered lacing at the hem of the dress and the other one was what she thought would extremely fit her friend.