➹ 2.2

Her day went on normal other than Taeil's tease and looking at the time, it was almost time for her shift to end.

Madly enough, there were actually some reporters caught snooping around the cafe. If it wasn't for her coworker, Haechan's sharp eyes, they would've got a proof of her labelled as an "ordinary girl".

It was crazy really. That news was a stupid rumour, yet it caught people's interest or rather Doyoung caught their interest.

Was he really that popular? How come she had never heard of him before? His family must be very influential, she thought.

However, Jaehee didn't want to think about him much. He owed her an explanation, but she hardly put on hope that she would get one. Normally, the rich brats think they were entitled to whatever they caused on others.

She learnt that through her ex, they were barely there to explain themselves nor help her to get out of the mess they created.

"Hey, your boyfriend's here."

Taeil said, it was his umpteenth tease. He was enjoying the news too much. "Ha ha, very funny Taeil." Jaehee rolled her eyes and walked over to the counter to take yet another order.

"Hi, welcome. What would you like to have?" She asked, and even managed to glare at Taeil as he was busy laughing at out the blue. "I'd have you if it's possible." At the cheesy line, Jaehee wanted to glare at the customer but then her heart softened at the sight of the familiar look, before it burned with anger.

"What are you doing here?" She asked. "I just said I wanted to take you out." Doyoung flashed a charming smile to her. It wasn't working on her as she wanted to hit him for the stupid news.

Their moment was interrupted when Taeil coughed loudly causing the girl to glare at him. "I still have 15 minutes on my shift, do you want to eat anything then?" Jaehee asked but the guy was persistent.

"No thanks, I'll wait." He smiled at Taeil and her before taking a seat at the far end of the corner. "Double standard much." Taeil commented as he crossed his arms. The girl lifted an eyebrow, not getting what he was trying to say. "Normally, you'd give a reply that'll turn off guys but you're being so sweet to him." He scoffed.

"I'm only mean to you." Jaehee stuck her tongue out at him again before walking over to the coffee machine to busy herself.

"And stop saying he's my boyfriend, it pisses me off." She said, referring to the stupid rumour going around. Jaehee hated cheap attention, it wasn't what she aimed for.

She didn't want to build a reputation from cheap publicity, she wanted to be viewed as a respectful and iconic woman in the corporate world and these little news would only crush her dream.

"So, are you here to spice up the news?"

Jaehee sarcastically asked as she approached him, now changed in her casual outfit. She expected a taken aback expression from him but instead she got a smirk.

"The news was taken down already, you should get used to it if we're going to see each other more often." He replied, arms crossed.

After their mini road trip the two barely kept in touch. They never met at the university as Jaehee have no classes today whereas she wasn't sure about Doyoung. Besides, Jaehee couldn't find a reason to contact him either as they weren't what she considered close.

"So, what brings you here then?" She wondered as he stood up and they both found themselves walking towards the exit.

Doyoung pressed his lips into a thin line before replying. "Nothing, I just wanted to see you." He said and she had to be frank, that was the most touching thing she had ever heard in the past two weeks.