➹ 4.2

"Hey, let's hang out!"

That was the first thing Jaehee heard as soon as she picked up the phone. As far as she was told, Aeri had just landed from Honolulu yet the girl was still so energetic to hang out.

It had been 2 weeks since summer break started. Aeri was on the first flight to her summer vacation with her mother as soon as they finished their last class for the semester.

Much after Doyoung's confession on the hilltop after their dinner with her parents, Jaehee found herself screaming with Aeri through the phone.

The said man was currently in London, attending a business meeting with his father as well as fulfilling his mother's wishes to introduce himself to some of her friends. Though the idea of that actually terrified her, but Doyoung was quick enough to assure her that he won't bat an eyelash at the other girls.

Of course, Jaehee didn't really care. She was having trouble with admitting how she felt for him, so it was totally understandable if he wanted to back out of their much complicated relationship.

After much bickering from both sides, she agreed as Jaehee wasn't on shift for the day.

As the call ended, Jaehee went to get herself ready before she left the house. The girl purposely wore the blouse Aeri chose for her when they went shopping before. Again, she exposed her bare shoulders.

However that wasn't all, Jaehee had gotten a new haircut. Her hair that used to grow to her waist was now cut below her shoulders and she had see through fringes, also she dyed her hair to a lighter tone of brown.

Caramel, to be exact. She decided to give it a try, as Doyoung once suggested to her. Though she wasn't certain if he would actually remember since he said it while they played the stupid 21 Questions game a long time ago.

Jaehee was excited to show it to Doyoung first, but she figured out Aeri's opinion would be better. She didn't know why she was nervous to see his reaction once he gets back from London.

As Aeri entered the mall, she went straight to the cafe Aeri was waiting. She could spot her friend instantly, her head hung low always on her phone.

"Is this seat taken?"

Jaehee made a girlie voice and asked. "Uh yeah, my friend's gonna be here." She replied looking up and finally meeting eyes with Jaehee. However, Aeri paused for approximately three seconds to only realise that it was Jaehee. "Oh my God, you're freaking gorgeous!" The two started to squeal and hugged each other.

"Do you think I look okay?" Jaehee asked for her approval. "Okay? Girl, Doyoung better back off because I'm making you mine." Aeri replied. "Oh, so you're wearing the blouse I picked, huh?" She commented which Jaehee could only reply with an excited smile.

The two started chatting while they eat and Aeri's whole trip sounded wonderful. It made Jaehee keen to actually move to New York with her parents. She had always imagined living a life there, she never thought the day would come.

Jaehee ended up updating Aeri about what her parents had offered to her. "That's great! When are you leaving then?" She asked. "That's the problem, I'm not sure if I should leave." Jaehee pouted. "I mean starting new there might be hard, and I can't leave Doyoung." She paused. "I'm not being clingy, I just don't want him to feel lonely because— you know, his family and all that." She said, Jaehee felt bad the thought of enjoying her life alone.

"Then, take him with you!" Aeri suggested as if it was easy. "He's hella rich, I bet he has an apartment there. Then the two of you can live tog—"

"He can't come." Jaehee cut her off. "Why not? I don't see what's impossible." Aeri crossed her arms. "I don't think his mother will ever approve of me."