➹ 3.1

"There's the man of the hour!"

Ten's grin grew wider as he saw his friend walking in his direction. After Doyoung's party, he made it to covers of gossip magazines across the country, not just because he hosted one of the most grandeur gala ever but the fact that he had a mysterious and dazzling lady with him.

Of course, his mother was the most unhappy when she saw the scandal. She demanded an explanation from him, in which Doyoung barely entertained her. He simply said that it was a ridiculous controversy and that they were nothing more than friends.

When his mother started asking about her background, Doyoung got defensive and left her hanging. Luckily, his mother had no way to trace the list of guests as Doyoung never put her name on it.

Kun had told him that he should publicise their relationship, and he found it hard to believe that the two weren't dating. It wasn't like his friend to bring a girl and spend the rest of the nights with her with no strings attached.

"So, when are you going to introduce her to me?" He asked as Doyoung took a seat next to him at the open cafeteria. "Why should I?" He asked back, earning a distasteful look from his friend.

"You haven't met Jaehee?" Ten asked, finally putting down his phone. "Her name's Jaehee?" Kun asked instead, earning no answer from the centre of attention.

Ten nodded instead, explaining that he accompanied her at the party for a moment while Doyoung was giving his birthday speech. "—I can't believe they're 'just friends'," he said whilst air quoting.

"They even kissed." He added, snickering while he reminisced the moment he saw at the bar.

"You two kissed?!" Kun exclaimed a little too loud, earning looks from other students who were busy with their laptops or notes.

Doyoung gave a deadpanned look to the bartender, "Wait, is she the one you had me unlock the phone?" He asked, when Doyoung didn't reply, he knew that it was the right answer.

"She must be someone, huh? Even dated Nakamoto Yuta before." Kun stated, earning a shocked reaction from Ten. Doyoung on the other hand, hated the name.

He recognised Yuta when they met at the bar, their mothers were friends and he never truly favoured the guy. His friends were little stuck ups and their way of life was far from his liking.

They were the carefree children, partying whenever they had a chance, barely taking interest in taking their families' companies, scandals walked with them and they loved the attention. Their parents never really bothered about their behaviour because at the end of the day, they have their underlings to clean up the mess.

"We're just friends, get over it." Doyoung replied. However, neither of his friends believed it was just that, but they couldn't say much as they had no proof.

"Hey, one question." Kun suddenly said. Doyoung raised his eyebrow, beckoning for him to continue. "Do you like her?" He asked. Doyoung put a thought to it at first, did he? Was that what all of these odd feelings meant?

He shook his head, it wasn't really an answer. He was uncertain himself. Ten snickered watching from across, he knew his friend well enough that he was in the denial phase.

"Then why'd you waste your first kiss?" Kun continued. Kun had always been his friend ever since highschool. He knew nearly everything about Doyoung as much as he know his.

"It wasn't a waste."

⟨➹⟩

Jaehee on the other hand had a panicked morning when Aeri blasted her phone screaming that she made it to the cover of her favourite magazine. The girl nearly cried from panicking, contemplating whether it was a good idea or not to attend classes on Monday.