The Lights

"You are different in person," Elijah says throwing the football as I catch it

"What do you mean?" I asked and through it back.

He catches it and walks into there garage.

"Beer?" He asks

I nod as he hands me a Bud Light.

"Your Ace Lambardi"  

"East Side gang leader, Badest of them all," He says casually leaning against the brick wall.

I look at him strangely  

"Mh, How do you know all of this?" I ask

He smirks "I go to North Side school," He says 

I nod, of course, that is where Adian used to go and I.

"Whatever happened to your brother?" He asked

"Why?" I ask

He holds up his hands as I realize I'm being hostile

"Adian was a good friend to me, I was the only one who knew he was gay because I was the only one who wouldn't stop being friends with him"

"That's his story, he should be going back next week if he is ready," I say

He nods and smiles at me.

"Don't fuck up with Jordan, She has been through a lot, and she doesn't need a repeat of Dylan." He says gulping down the rest of his beer.

"I don't think I would be capable of hurting her," I say looking up and thinking about everything she told me.

"Good," He says

"Guys!" I here Jordan yell as she comes over to us.

I see Elijah scurry.

"What the hell Elijah!" She says 

He looks over at her with a sheepish smile.

"You are underage," She says taking his drink away from him.

"You drink!" He states

I smile and look at the guilty look on her face.

"Well I'm more mature" She states and grabs my hand throwing away the drink.

"Dinner is ready," She says

We follow her into the house,  We walk into a small hallway, the warm colors surrounding me as the smell of chicken fills the house.

The boys run ahead of us as I wrap my around her waist as she looks up at me.

"It was nice seeing you talk with people Mr.Anti-Social," She says, I roll my eyes 

"Oh don't even" I scoff as she leads me through the house.

We walk into the kitchen as a middle-aged woman and man stand there preparing food.