NINE

Ariana sat in boredom in her home, legs slung over the armchair in the lounge as Damon and Elena paced in front of her.

"it couldn't have been Alaric who killed everyone! it's impossible." Damon said, scrunching his face in confusion. his eyes landed on the small smirk on Ariana features, her eyes closed listening to the frantic couple.

"wouldn't be surprised if it was you." he spoke with venom. Ariana opened one eye and stared at her sceptical brother. 

"was it my fingerprints on that weapon? no. I prefer messy work, a nice ripped off head or lack of heart. I don't do knives that often." she spoke simply, making Elena gag a little at the detail "it was alarms fingerprints. I don't see why you're ignoring it here." 

"because it couldn't of been!" Elena shouted at Ariana, instantly regretting it when her speed shoved the weak human against the wall. 

"you do well to watch your volume with me, Elena Gilbert or I will rip you limb from limb. what first? your tongue? I sure as hell am done with hearing you speak." Ariana seethed.

"don't get Feisty with us just because your boy toy left town." Ariana rolled her eyes and in a flash, Elena's hand was burning in the fire, only just hovering it over the dancing flames. 

"Elena may be supernatural but I can kill her in an instant. you too brother, you can watch your mouth. I don't think you understand the times I've saved your ass after spending my years with you as a vampire. even then, how long did you keep me in the dark from every secret you and Stefan had? I'm a Salvatore too, and poor old Elena is about to get a nasty scar if you don't heal her. do you agree to stop snapping at me, the only one who has some common fucking sense?! it was Alaric." Ariana threw Elena to the ground, a wicked smile on her lips as she looked to her brother Damon, Stefan secretly watching the scene. 

"we don't know how it could've been Alaric, Ariana." Damon said in defeat, shoving his bleeding wrist into Elena mouth as the light burns began to heal. 

"remember that time Alaric woke from dying and started choking up blood? might want to check that ring, I think it's out of date." Ariana smirked.

"now if you don't mind, I think I'm going to spend time with my more fun brother. because I quite frankly prefer no humanity Stefan a lot." Ariana skipped over to a smirking stefan, who held out his arm for her and began their journey to the grill. 

-------

"you know, quitting human blood straight away wasn't the best approach." Ariana said, stefan turned to her quickly.

"how did you know?"

"Well it was obvious, I just watched you stare into the freezer full of blood bags and there hasn't been any new stains on the carpets so, id say you're going back to boring Stefan." Ariana sped off and back quickly, her teeth sinking into a random girl neck, not before compelling the girl to keep quiet. 

"so let's change that." she smirked, pushing the gushing neck Stefan's direction who's eyes began to change, in a split second, his teeth were in the girls neck. 

"that's more like it." she smirked.  she dropped the girl into her brothers arms, and took out her phone. she dialled a number and held it to her ear, walking out of the grill so stefan didn't overhear. after one ring, he answered. she smirked at his quick response. 

"hello, love." oh that voice. she missed it dearly. 

"the plan worked, Rebekah is talking to mayor Lockwood right now and, as a bonus stefan is drinking human blood again, he wasn't drinking it for a while. that would meant two salvatores trying to protect poor old Elena." Ariana exclaimed.

"good work love, how is my dear sister doing?" Klaus' smirk could be heard by Ariana in that moment. 

"she's, angry? happy? impatient? do original vampires still get their periods because that would make sense." his deep chuckle made her smirk. 

"I wouldn't know love I don't ask those types of questions." she heard a scream come from the inside of the grill. 

"that's my cue, i'll talk to you later, see where this white oak tree shit is once I get the information from Rebekah." she said, her long legs striding into the grill. always making an entrance without even knowing. 

"ill talk to you later, love." he smirked, and Ariana ended the call hesitantly. 

the Salvatore girl entered the grill, noticing most of the residents on the ground, dead. 

"impressive." Ariana said, looking at them all. Stefan had blood swimming on his neck, drowning any space of exposed skin.  "I take you compelled everyone else to not go anywhere and be quiet?" she asked, looking a the extremely still people with terrified faces. 

"why did you do this to me?!" Stefan shouted, grabbing her shoulders. 

"all part of the plan, big bro." she patted his bloody cheek and licked the red liquid off her finger. 

"Woah, what happened here?" Damon asked, looking around and landing his eyes on a bloody Stefan and smiling Ariana. "you always were the troublemaker of the family." damon said tho Ariana.

"just making fun. now if you'll excuse me." Ariana began walking out of the grill only to feel pain in her back as she groaned, turning around to look at Damons apologetic yet angry face.

"sorry, sister. you're too much of a burden." the vervain coursed into her system, and with the pain, came weakness. and her body gave into the darkness, welcoming her to unconsciousness.

Damon hauled her up in her arms and began to walk slowly back to the Salvatore boarding house. not knowing the prying eyes of a certain blonde original, phone to her ear.

"good to hear from you Rebekah-"

"Nik, Ariana's been vervained. Damon is taking her back to the house now." rebekah informed her brother who went deathly silent, jaw clenched

"what are you waiting for? go and get her."

"its not that simple, the Salvatores have the books on where the white oak tree is, they won't ever let me in let alone me sneaking in, they're vampires." Rebekah explained. Klaus sighed through the other end greatly, worry in his features.  

"no need to worry, I'm coming back soon." Klaus said through gritted teeth. "keep an eye on the Salvatore brothers, if they give each other any word of Ariana, tell me straight away." Rebekah nodded with a wide smile on her face, she ended the call, happy that Niklaus found Ariana.