TWENTY

it had been a couple days since Ariana had woken up in her own bed since being taken, and she still had no answers as to how she got there. she was walking with her brother stefan up to the church thing, her arm linked in his as they entered the large building. 

"I don't see why I have to be here." she whispers to him. 

"new hunter in town, cant have you by your own and to keep it brief, your a Salvatore, its suspicious if only two of us are here. so deal with it." he said simply. 

"ugh please don't still be mad at me. Elena is a vampire, she's safer. I helped her. annoyingly." he gave a look to her words and she shrugged.  Ariana left stefan to scold damon and entered the church, having to push her hands in holy water. she smirked. 

"don't know why that always makes me smirk." she mumbled, she found Jeremy sat peacefully with the others and slumped down next to him. 

"hey, what are you doing here?" she smiled up at him. 

"I was made to come here, cant be looking suspicious." she whispered back. he smiled and looked down at her hand, taking it in his. she smiled at his action. what a cutie. 

"well lets make it like you're actually upset, because people are already pointing at you." she looked over her shoulder and saw people with questioning looks staring at her. 

"ah, well. I do like to make an entrance." he smirked and Elena slumped down next to matt. 

"April was looking for you, she wanted help with her speech." Jeremy informed as Elena glared at his hand in Ariana's.

"oh, where is she?" Jeremy said he didnt know, and looked around a little. the mayor told up on the stage and began asking around for April. 

"who the fuck is April." Ariana asked Jeremy who's heart began to beat faster. 

"the question is where Is she." he answered back. 

"is there anyone else who'd like to share a memory of him?" Elena stood up and Ariana scoffed. 

"it isn't even anyone else fault, she gets herself in these situations. look at her. dumb bitch." Ariana whispered to elenas brother. he ignored her and squeezed her hand to stop. 

Ariana stopped her bickering, and sat next to her brothers. 

"do you smell that?" she whispered to them, they concentrated like dogs, lifting their head and inhaled. 

"blood." stefan confirmed. she hummed. 

"nobody move. don't turn around its a trap." damon confirmed, a tight grasp on his sifters arm knowing shed turn for fun. Elena began to freak out and stefan of course came to the rescue. people began to get up and sing. 

"the blood, stefan the blood I can smell it there's so much." the doppelgänger seethed. 

"feed on matt." Ariana suggested, a protective hand on Damons chest, feeling his jealousy. 

"what? no, no I c-"

"then stop fucking complaining. no one cares. just feed from matt and shut up." Ariana scolded. Elena turned to matt, who gave her approval and secretly sunk her teeth into his neck. 

"told you." Ariana said happily. "all better, look." she said quiet loudly, earning a glare from someone in front of her.  "turn around." she scolded and they quickly did so. 

"we need to find April." Elena said once finished. 

"you'd be putting us all at risk, sit still toddler." Ariana said quietly.