ELEVEN

Stefan suddenly awoke from his long slumber with a jolt, and quickly turned to his sister who was in the same positions as she was for the two weeks and over that she's been kept in there.

it was still pitch black, but didn't effect Stefan the way it did Ariana. he was never put through what she was to make her so broken. 

"Ariana," stefan tried only to be answered by silence. his eyes lightened up a little as he pulled his phone from his pocket, dealing a number.

"hello? bonnie? listen I need your help with something, me and Ariana are stuck in the cellar an- what do you mean you won't let us out? Caroline agrees?" stefan quickly ended the call and stared at his sister. 

"well damon, elena, Caroline and bonnie won't help." he muttered.  

-------

"hello finn." Niklaus' voice spoke in the city, catching up with his brother. 

"hello niklaus, I have nothing to say to you." Finn said with sass. 

"well im not here to chat I will ask you one time though, where is out mother?" he said with a small smile. 

"gone to find another way to end our abominable lives. and when she does, I will sacrifice myself all over again." 

"well how fortunate that I found you, I require your assistance." Klaus said calmly, look at his brother who betrayed him.

"I have no wish to help you, only to see you dead." finn laughed. 

"right well that's the thing you see, you won't be able to see me dead because if I die you die so its a wish unfulfilled im afraid."

"oh, bother someone else will you with your hollow charms, niklaus."

"why? when I can bother my big brother? I need you to accompany me back to mystic falls I have a witch there who can undo Esther's spell and someone caged up like an animal I need to free immediately. we can break the link."

"I have no wish to be unlinked!" Klaus placed a hand on his shoulder.

"again, with the wishes. let me rephrase, you will come back with me or I will put you back in that coffin in which you rotted for 900 years." Klaus warned.

"what happens to one happens to all, you may not feel the effects of the dagger but you'd lose your precious rebekah."

"wouldn't be the fist time." Klaus challenged, cocking a smug eyebrow. niklaus watched finn speed and bump into the blonde original.

"rebekah, he stored us in boxes."

"at least he's not trying to make us extinct." finn turned to meet the hybrids gaze.

"what are you gonna do? kill me?" finn said, fear lacking his voice.

"oh yeah that's right you've got a death wish. fine, pathetic but fine the thing is, Im not gonna let you take rest of us down with you." Klaus suddenly slammed his brother twice into the wall viscously. 

---

Klaus threw his brother into the all too familiar mansion. instantly feeling his knees fall weak at the tinniest linger of a certain Salvatore's perfume, his head lifted up a bit, inhaling through his nose secretly, but rebekah watched with pity, she could smell it too.

"gather your witch, lets get his blood and get on with it." 

"you cant force me to help you." finn challenged.

"oh I most likely could, but why force when I can persuade?" he smiled lightly and gestured his hand outward as a familiar red headed woman descended the stairs. 

"hello, finn." she spoke.

"sage." finn said dumbfounded. the two quickly scrambled to each other.

"what do you know, true love prevails." rebekah said with a sigh, watching niklaus look calm at his phone, answering a text before frowning. 

"it does occasionally have its uses, easier than torturing him." he went to put his phone back in his pocket when he heard a ring come from it, he looked at the caller id and noticed Stefan's name.

"what do you know? they always come back." he smirked, answering the phone. "stefan how are y-"

"Ariana and me are stuck in the cellar under the Salvatore house. she has been in the pitch black for over two weeks, its a long story to explain but please, get her out of here." stefan begged, rebekah listened in as the two shared looks. he ended the call quickly.

"be right back, brother. ive got a bone to pick." Klaus said with a clenched jaw, quickly leaving the house, rebekah on his tail.

--

"why do you want to come?" Klaus said angrily.

"because ill need to distract damon and, he's been rather mean to me since you were gone so, I have to settle some things." Klaus only nodded as they arrived at the house, the sky was black, speckled with stars and a large moon as they slowly creeped into the building. the sped themselves up the stairs and watched damon place something in the logs by the fireplace in his bedroom, rebekah threw something down the stairs and distracted damon. Klaus took this chance to snap alarics neck, throwing him down the stairs.

"ric!" Damon said, he was met with the burning gaze of rebekah. 

"hello, lover." she said, shoving a knife into his stomach, ripping it upwards. "Nik, go and get your girl, I have him covered." rebekah smirked as Klaus speed down the stairs without a glance. 

he ripped open the cellar door and looked straight to Ariana.

she didnt flinch. she didnt move. she didnt breathe. he listened for her heartbeat; nothing. she did speak, she just covered her eyes due to the light. his eyes were focused on her broken self he didnt realise stefan was also in to room. 

"Klaus, klaus. take her away from here, if she sees damon she'll kill him. please for her sake." stefan begged. Klaus was listening, he just looked down at her. she wasn't even listening to anything that was happening around her she was that terrified. he nodded slowly as stefan made his way out of the cellar, meeting rebekah torturing damon with the knife. 

niklaus, crouched next to her soulless body, and used two words;

"hello, love."