THIRTY-FOUR

"Elijah being human means a fresh start. I could grow old and have a family and fill my days with meaning knowing that each one matters."

"well that was poetic." Klaus chuckled with a rather amused smile as he looked at his sister. Ariana Salvatore was standing behind Rebekah's chair.

"well if you can provide us with a more compelling reason for wanting the cure, Klaus, please." Elijah said coldly.

"we can shove it down Silas throat, and I get to keep Rebekah for my own selfish reasons, being one of the many few people that I like, let alone tolerate." Ariana smiled. Rebekah gave one back. "but can vampires get ill or something? like is there something cancerous around our species, minus Niklaus, that makes us think of the most ridiculous thing known to mankind?" Ariana asked, and insulted. earning a smile from the hybrid, and a strong slap from Rebekah into her stomach.

"ouch," the Salvatore said sarcastically.

"Silas, can appear as anyone. he got inside my thoughts, convinced me I was dying. he will torment me until I give him the cure."

"and in doing so he will break the wall to the other side." Rebekah argued.

"so it doesn't trap him there when he dies, he wants to reunite with his lost soul mate you of all lovesick fools should applaud his devotion."

"mm, coming from you mister 'will you marry me?'" Ariana mumbled.

"he will open the floodgates for every supernatural being that has ever died."

"oh, fuck. yeah I don't really want to deal with that.." Ariana said loudly. they all looked at her weirdly for a second. "what? I had a lot of enemies.." the Salvatore was replied with frowns. "or, maybe it was just people that I didn't like." more looks. "or people who got in my way....alright done I killed every person who was ever a vampire or anything else around me because they were so competitive. like oh, I'm the better blood sucker. excuse me I am not only the champion of sucking blood. i'm an expert of the action in many other scenarios." Ariana rambled. the Mikaelson rolled their eyes and Klaus nodded slightly. "yeah you would know." she whispered by his ear, earning a hum.

"ahem, including our dear brothers Kol and Finn. Well have out family back."

"please! you hated Kol, and you kept Finn in a box for most of his life."

"fair enough, your honour how do you want to proceed with this information?" Ariana spoke sarcastically to Elijah, the one in control of the situation whilst the two siblings bickered.

"Elijah, please." Klaus spoke.

"your personal discomfort might not be sufficient reason for putting the entire world in jeopardy, Klaus. I think our sister deserves a shot at happiness." Elijah said, Ariana slumped into the seat between the two brothers and covered her amused smile.

"tell me you're joking. tell me you're not fating me to an eternity of torture."

"I've made my decision." Klaus got up quickly, speaking right by Rebekah's ear angrily.

"when you're sick, and dying. and you beg for my blood, I will laugh in your face, and compel you to forget me." with that, the thousand year old hybrid stormed out like a toddler.

"where's the cure?"

"Rebekah, it's no secret that you are an impulsive emotional, and at times morally questionable. prove to me this isn't just another one of your whims. that you know precisely, what you are giving up here."

"fine, anything."

"I want you to live a day as a human. this day. no vampire privileges, no strength, no compulsion no nothing. if you succeed, and still believe this is what you want.. that cure is yours."