Chapter 1: What Happened?

*Mia's POV*

"Can you take care of Charlie for me tonight? Troy and I want a date night." Chelsea wiggles her eyebrows.

I laugh, and nod, "I've got nothing else to do."

"Great, I'll leave in about two hours, so you can just hang here if you want." She says.

"Okay cool." I continue playing on my phone.

Chelsea went upstairs of her and Troy's house and brings down Charlie, who was now awake from her nap.

"Hiiiii." I smile, taking her.

She blabbers something, and I smile, "How was your nap?"

She continues blabbering and chuckling.

~~~~~~

"Have fun, guys." I say.

"Bye, and bye Charlie." Chelsea smiles to her daughter.

They finally leave, so I take Charlie and we watch some How I Met Your Mother.

I laugh and Charlie looks at me, her blue eyes shining.

"Aw, you're so cute. You look just like your mother. I-"

My phone rings, interrupting me. I take it out of my pocket, and Charlie tries grabbing for it, I laugh and answer to the unknown number.

"Hello?" I answer, bouncing Charlie up and down on my leg, her laughing loudly.

"Is this Mia Jacobs?" a lady's voice asks.

I raise an eyebrow, "Yes, ma'am."

"This is the St. Mary's hospital. Do you know a Jon Cozart?"

"Umm, yeah." I say, having not thought of Jon in a long time.

"Mr. Cozart has been in a serious wreck. You were on the list to contact."

I gasp, "I'll be right there."

I haven't seen Jon in two years, but I was on the list. I have to go see him.

I stand up with Charlie on my hip, and I grab her car seat, heading out.

When I get to the car, I strap her in and get in myself, heading as fast as I could to the hospital.

As soon as I get there, in the waiting room I see some familiar faces. Jon's parents, Bryan, a few of his friends, and Rylie.

I ignore the glare of Rylie, and go to the counter, "Cozart."

"He's not seeing people now, you will be noted when it's possible."

I thank her and take Charlie up to Jon's parents, "What happened?" I asked.

His mom has tears in her eyes, "He was driving and a truck ran a stop light, and his side going faster than the speed limit. They said he broke some bones and is in a coma."

Tears fall, and I start getting dizzy.

"I should.. probably sit." I stumble my way to a seat, which so happens to be right next to Rylie.

I try to catch my breath as Rylie stares me down.

"That your kid? Already have a kid?" She snickers.

"None of your business," I snap, "And she's my friend's daughter for your information."

She rolls her eyes, "Yeah right. You slept with every guy in the town."

I growled lowly, "I did not."

I actually haven't slept with anyone besides Jon, ever.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you've had two kids by now." She smirks, "Ya know, after you dumped Jon, he came running to me."

I ignored the pain, and took out my phone, texting the news to Chelsea as Rylie blabbered on.

The nurse came, holding a board, "Cozart is ready for guests. Two at a time please."

Jon's parents stood up, understandable. They make there way to the room, his mom sobbing.

I watch them enter, and I wonder what Jon looks like in there. If he's all bandaged up, and broken.

Time passes as his parents exit and then one of his friends and Bryan go in. Then, his two other friends.

That leaves me to go with Rylie. Unless I can trick her into going by herself.

"You can go next." I say nicely.

She stares at me for a while, "Okay. He probably wants me to go first anyway."

"He doesn't even know any of us are here, Rylie. He's a freaking coma, for crying out loud."

The two friends exit, hurt evidently on there faces.

Rylie stands up strutting her way there. I smile that I could see him alone. I haven't seen him in so long, the hurt of that adds to the hurt of him hurting.

There's just hurt everywhere.

I discovered that Charlie was asleep, so I repositioned her, for better comfort.

After what seemed like forever, Rylie finally left, but not a tear in her eye. She just walked out the hospital. I rolled my eyes, and got up, going to the room, Charlie asleep in my arms.

Opening the door, I gasped seeing Jon. He looked like he was peacefully sleeping, but I knew better.

I saw a chair and lied Charlie on it, going to Jon.

His leg was in a cast, hanging. His left arm, also in a cast, and a brace on his neck. He had marks all over his face and arms.

Tears spilled as I looked at him. I took his right hand, holding it tightly in mine.

"Oh, Jon." I say say softly, "You look terrible."

I laugh, imagining him saying, "Oh, thanks." With a playful tone.

I see chest go up and down, slowly. I smile, lucky he isn't dead. But, frown once I realize there's a chance he could be at anytime.

The door opens, and Chelsea walks in, "Oh my god." she rushes to me, and stares at Jon.

She wraps her arms around me, and I cry into her shoulder, feeling weak.

"Where's Troy?" I ask, sniffling.

"Waiting room, we postponed our date."

I felt guilty now, "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. This is more important. I'm gonna get Charlie and take her home. You staying here?" She asks.

"Yeah, I'll be leaving soon."

"Okay, see you later." She gives me a sad look, then looks at Jon again, before leaving with Charlie.

I decided that I've been in here for a while, so I bent down, lightly kissing Jon's cheek, "I'll be back tomorrow, I promise. Don't give up." I looked at him a while more, before letting go of his hand, and leaving the room, seeing his parents still there, but his friends and Bryan gone.

"Well I should go, by Mrs. and Mr. Cozart." I sigh.

Mrs. Cozart brings me into a hug, and we just embrace each other for a while, "Please come back tomorrow." She asks.

"Of course." I give her a faint smile, before leaving and going to my car. I sit in there for a long time, letting all the tears out before heading home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND THATS THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THE SEQUEL TO AFTER EVER AFTER.

SHOUT OUT AND DEDICATION TO

FrantasticWaters

FOR HELPING ME WITH IDEAS AND SUCH GO FOLLOW HER

I should stop yelling.

Anyways, how do you like it so far?

I'm excited for this.

Anyways I shall go, I need to keep my cat from eating my guests.

GOODBYE

~NickJonasLove