Chapter 11: A silly Dr.Seuss Quote

I was driving.

I didn't know where I wanted to go, and frankly, I didn't care.

My music softly played on the radio as I drove around the town, not paying attention to anything at all.

There were kids on the sidewalk, but I didn't watch them pass the ball back and forth.

There was a man walking his dog, but I didn't look and admire the German Shepherd as I usually would.

There was a couple walking hand in hand, sharing a moment of laughter together. This time I looked, observing the way the walked in step with each other, the way their grasped hands sway as they walk.

At that moment I felt like I was missing something. Something that meant so much to me, yet it had been lost for quite some time.

I looked back to the road, turning the curb. Then, everything seemed familiar. I know where I am.

Somehow, I ended up in his driveway, sitting, not bothering to leave my car. The vehicle was off, no heater, no music. Just silence.

I didn't know what was wrong, I felt lost, I guess. That feeling when you lose something important, you know? But that feeling was just a layer.

The feeling of relief, like I finally got off of a much to wild roller-coaster.

I jump, startled, as there's a knock on the window.

Looking at him, I roll the window down, "Hi."

"Mia? Why are you in my driveway?" Jon lets out a chuckle.

I sigh, "I don't know."

"You don't know?"

"I don't know." I shrug, giving him a frown.

"You don't know?" he teases, leaning on my car.

"Yes, Jon! I don't know!" I whine.

"Wait, so let me get this right..." He starts, smirking, "You don't know?"

"Jonathan."

"I'm just playing around," he smiles, "Come in."

~~~~~~~

"So.." Jon says as we sit on his couch, "You and Spencer..?"

"No." I shake my head, "No, we um, we kind of had a fallout. Ended quite badly."

"Oh? Are you alright?" He asks, concerned.

I nod, "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine, totally fine. Spencer just.. wasn't the right one, I guess."

He purses his lips, looking at me, "Did you want you two to work out?"

I suck in a breath, "To be honest," I look into his eyes, "No. Not really."

He nodded, a glimmer of hope flashed across his face, "I see. Why?"

Shrugging, I take a sip of my coffee, "As a wise man once said, 'One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.'."

Jon bursts out laughing, "All you did was quote a silly Dr. Seuss quote, that doesn't answer my question."

Cracking a smile, I shrug again, "Fine, the real quote is still from Dr. Seuss, though."

He smiles, too, "Then what is the answer to my question in Dr.Seuss quote form?"

"For it to work correctly, ask it again."

"So demanding," He teases, "So, Mia, why did you not want Spencer and your relationship to work out?"

I smiled a small smile, "Well, Jon, as a wise man once said, 'Sometimes the questions are complicated, and the answers are simple.'." I took a pause, making sure to smile at Jon widely, "It's because I love you."

"Mia," he says, shocked, "I, um-"

"No, Jon," I falter my smile a bit, "It's okay, you don't have to say anything."

He nodded, his eyes are locked with mine. He leans in, giving me a soft and gentle kiss. I smile into it, and put my free hand on his neck, hoping that I won't drop my coffee.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Spencer?" I question, surprised.

I'm outside of Jon's house, and Spencer walks up to me.

"Jon's in the hospital."

"Wh-What?" I ask, my head feeling light, I'm getting weak at the knees.

He frantically looks at me, then behind him, "Jon, he- he got shot."

"How? When?" I start shaking, confused.

"Today, just a bit ago!"

"By who? Who would do that?" I start to panic, tears start spilling.

Spencer looks at me straight in the eyes, with no regret, "I did."

~~

I shot up in the bed, sweating like a mad man. My breathing is heavy, and the blanket it completely off of my body.

"Jon?" I stand up, rushing out of the room, and running into the master bedroom, seeing Jon fast alseep on his bed.

I wipe the tears from my eyes, not even bothering about if it were sweat or tears.

Crawling into bed, I must've woke Jon, because he pulled me under his arm, "You okay, babe?"

I smiled into the pillow, "Somewhat."

"Something happen?"

I shrug, "Bad dream, that's it."

"Alright, goodnight, sweetheart."

"Night Jon."

Then, his almost soundless snores start up again. I sighed, and tried to fall back asleep, hoping I could have some peaceful dreams now.

-------------

HELLO HELLO

LONG TIME NO UPDATE, AMMI RIGHT

anyways, I'm sorry I haven't updated. SUPER BUSY.

I know I say that everytime, but literally band and cheer consumes my entire life.

So updates on me for anyone who cares: I'm currently REALLY obsessed with Harry Potter at the moment. thought you should know. (ps, I'm slytherin. and also DRACO MALFOY IS REALLY PRETTY.) (pps: I ship draco and Hermione... Oops)

I gave up my Doritos to my crush bc he didn't want barbecue chips. so he gave me those. I don't even like those.

BAND IS GOING SO WELL I LOVE MY BAND I LOVE IT.

I HATE MY SCIENCE CLASS AND FACS CLASS SO MUCH LIKE GIRL BYE

School picture tomororw ew no

SOME PEOPLE ARE REALLY ANNOYKNG YA KNOW? (just agree with me)

Sorry this is really long.

I SHOULD PROBABLY GO KICK A COW OFF A BRIDGE

BYEEEEEEE

~NickJonasLove