Chapter 9: Terrible Opera

The next day, I woke up extra early, seeing as Jon was getting out today.

I had stayed the night at Chelsea's, so I got up quietly, making sure not to wake anyone.

I left without a problem, so I went out to my car and headed to my house.

As soon as I got there, I went in and took a shower and got changed. grabbing my phone, I texted Jon telling him I'd be there soon.

After no answer, I assumed he was asleep, it only being around nine in the morning.

So with that, I headed to the hospital.

(A.N. Sorry for the rushed intro of this chapter but I was COMPLETELY blocked on how to begin in so I just threw things together that make it seem hORRIBLY written. I apologize.)

I parked my car, excited to be the one to hep Jon leave the hospital and get back into reality.

Stepping out, I grab my phone and a couple of dollars just in case, then head to the doors.

It was quiet in the hospital, as usual, and no one that I knew was in the waiting room, so I assumed I could go on ahead to Jon's room.

I open the door slowly, making sure not to wake him, if he were to be asleep. But, as I peek inside, I see him and Rylie in a heated argument.

I stay and watch, them not noticing my presence.

"Rylie, you kissed Mia's boyfriend!" Jon spits out, flinching at the word 'boyfriend'.

She puts her hands on her hips, "He kissed me!"

"I can't believe you. You've broke my trust to many times." He complains.

"Have not," She gasps, "I'm the perfect girlfriend for you. Not Mia. She's a gank."

"Mia is the sweetest girl I know! You have no room to talk. Yeah, Mia and I have had our ups and downs, but she's loyal to me. You're not. You made me be unloyal to the person I love, how could you do that?"

I gasped, quietly, making sure no one heard.

"You chose to cheat on her, I didn't make you do anything." Rylie stands tall.

Jon groans, "Whatever, Mia should be coming soon, I would like you to be gone when she gets here. And by gone, I mean gone." he emphasizes 'gone', getting his point through.

"Why? Why do you want her, that mutt, over me? That is the most-"

I jump in, "Hey, Jon!"

Rylie snaps her head towards me, sending me death glares, "What are you doing here?"

I raise my eyebrows, "Helping my good friend leave the hospital, what are you doing here?" I retort.

She scoffs, "I'm here to help my boyfriend. He doesn't need some peasant when he has me."

"Rylie, I want to end things with you." Jon says bluntly.

She gasps, looking at him, "You- you're dumping me. For her?!"

He nods slowly, "Did I stutter?"

She let of a huff, and growling noise. Quite strange, if you asked me.

"You have not seen the last of me, Jacobs." she glared at me.

I ignore her, and look at Jon, my heart beating quickly, a smile wanting to form on my lips, but I restrain as Rylie stomps out, slamming the door behind her.

Jon turns to me, making eye contact, as I'm hiding my smile. It was about ten seconds when I couldn't hold it any longer, my smile burst out, and I was grinning from ear to ear.