A Job

Central City
April 3

"Ivy are you sure this is the right thing to do?"

"Are you kidding? Of course it is," the redhead tells me.

"But why did it have to be in Central City?"

"I didn't feel like running into Batman today, that's why I sent Snow and Harley over there. I'd much rather deal with the speedsters"

"You know how I feel about a certain sidekick," I mumble.

She smirks, petting the giant Venus flytrap that grew beside her. "That's another reason why I chose here. I love getting on your nerves"

"It doesn't get on my nerves"

"I know" she says, rolling her eyes. "But it's still fun to watch him chase after you"

"I hate it. He's annoying. I'd rather deal with Robin, or even Speedy with his arrows"

That wasn't the whole truth, although he was annoying I didn't mind him chasing after me. It must've been the teenage hormones or something but I may have actually grown to have a crush on him. But no matter what I didn't let myself believe that, I made myself think that the quickening of my heart was just me getting angry, not nervous.

"It's already been decided, now go get in position, if I get tied up with anything else you jump in"

"Got it"

I used some fire to push me up to the top of the building we were standing by, landing on the roof. Sitting on the edge, I watched Poison Ivy attempt to break into STAR labs to grab their newest invention involving something she didn't tell me about, but the Flash showed up before she could.

There was no sign of the sidekick who wore a suit similar to his but with different colours. I ran across a vine Ivy grew for me and broke in through the window. The scientists inside ran, getting away from me before I could hurt them.

"What was it she wanted?" I mutter to myself, looking around at all the different serums in vials.

My eyes landed on one with a blue liquid inside that looked almost like water. I smiled triumphantly and pick it up, holding it up to the light so I could see it better. There were little specs floating inside and that helped me realize it was the right one.

"You should put that back," someone said from behind me.

"I'm fine thanks, I'll keep it in my hands. Don't worry, I'll take good care of it," I tell him, tucking it into my bra since I had no pockets and didn't want to drop it while fighting.

I faced the sidekick in his yellow suit with his goggles over his eyes. He had spiky red hair and green eyes, slightly muscular build. He was smiling for some reason, but it wasn't hard to determine why. He was a flirt, everyone knew that much.

"Amber, you still look like a flame"

"Fires destroy most forests and buildings"

His smile fell. "I was trying to compliment you gorgeous"

"Don't try complimenting me, and do not call me gorgeous"

I blast some fire at him from my hands but he ran away, ending up behind me. A wall of fire stood between us when he tried throwing rapid punches at me. I turned and punched through the wall, sending him to the floor.

"Nice hit," he groaned, rubbing his chest where I punched him.

He quickly stood up and ran around me, going in circles. I stuck out my foot, attempting to trip him up, but he grabbed my leg and pulled it upwards, making my other foot come out from underneath me. I fell on my back but managed to send a trail of fire towards him. He avoided it, running into the wall.

"Amber! Hurry up and get out of there," Ivy shouted at me, using a vine to come up to the floor we were on.

The Flash was running up the vine, chasing after her. She made the vine shrink but jumped onto a nearby roof, running off. Kid Flash ran over to me, looming above me.

"Hand it over"

"No"

"Don't make me take it from you," he said, a smirk forming on his face.

I knew exactly what he was thinking. He was thinking of reaching down my shirt and grabbing the vial from my bra.

I stand up. "You're a pervert"

"Am not," he argued.

"Says the guy who is thinking of digging through my bra to get what we stole"

"Well-"

I shoot fire at him, not missing this time. It wasn't flames that would burn you, I could change the temperature of my fire for some reason, and I wasn't a murderer. He flew out the window, going straight down about 20 stories. I took the time to put the vial in a sphere made of fire, sending it flying towards wherever Ivy was. 

"You almost killed me!" Kid Flash exclaims, appearing back in the lab. "That was pretty hot"

I scoff, annoyed at his 'compliment' and pun. "Less talking, more action"

The Flash then appeared beside his sidekick, a pair of handcuffs in his hands one moment then around my wrists the next. "You aren't going anywhere Amber"

"Fair," I grumble. "Oh, but don't bother looking for whatever it was. Ivy has it and is long gone"

"We have to get it back," Kid Flash says to Flash.

"I lost track of her, we don't know where she is"

"Why don't we ask her sidekick"

"I'm not her sidekick, more an acquaintance who follows along with her ideas," I say.

"So sidekick"

"A sidekick has a title and skills that resembles their mentors. For example, you two, both speedsters. Fire and plants, they don't exactly live in harmony"

"Sidekick or not, you're a criminal," the Flash says. "You're going to prison"

"Oh no, please don't tell me I'm going to Belle Reve Penitentiary"

"Why not?" Kid Flash asks.

I sigh. "Icicle Jr. is there, and he's even worse than you when it comes to flirting"