Android

Mount Justice
August 3

"What's going on here?" Snow asks, the both of us going into the mission room.

The floor had lit up, Black Canary standing in the centre of it. Martian Manhunter was there too, standing next to the team, minus Superboy who was on the other side of the circle.

"Training," Black Canary tells her, removing her jacket.

"Can we join?"

"I'm not joining," I state, stopping beside where Wally stood eating a banana.

"Well, then, can I?"

"Sure. Now, combat is about controlling conflict, putting the battle on your terms. You should always be acting, never reacting. I'll need a sparring partner"

"Right here. Yeah!" Wally says, raising his hand. He ate the rest of the banana quickly then tossed the peel into the garbage. "After this, I'll show you my moves"

Black Canary raised an eyebrow then smirked, punching him then swinging a leg under his feet. He fell to the ground, a screen saying 'Kid Flash status: FAIL' next to him.

"Ohh. Hurts so good"

"Good block. But did anyone see what he did wrong?"

"Ooh, ooh. He hit on teacher and got served?" Robin suggests quickly.

I snicker. "Dude!" Wally said.

"He allowed me to dictate the terms of-"

"Oh, please. With my powers, the battle's always on my terms," Superboy interrupts. "I'm a living weapon, and this is a waste of my time"

I raise a hand. "I agree with him. Training is a waste"

Black Canary smirks at Superboy. "Prove it," she says.

He goes up to her and they both get in fighting stances. Black Canary easily flung Superboy to the side, making Robin laugh at him. But he got up again, angry.

"You're angry, good. But don't react. Channel that anger into-"

She flipped over him when he ran at her and swept a leg under his. He fell back, hard.

"That's it. I'm done," he said angrily, standing up.

"Training is mandatory. Amber, would you like to prove your point?" Black Canary asks me.

I shrug. "Whatever"

Superboy grumpily went to the side, glaring at nothing. Black Canary was the first to attack. She tried punching me, sweeping my feet out from under me, but I kept dodging all of her attacks. I flipped behind her and used her shock to kick her to the ground.

"Whoa, hot," Wally whispers, earning a jab in the side from my sister's elbow.

"Good job," she tells me as I help her up. "But there is always room to grow as a fighter"

"Batman to the Cave," Batman said, his face appearing on a big screen that showed up out of nowhere. We all gathered in front of it.

"Five hours ago, a new menace attacked Green Arrow and Black Canary. The attacker was capable of studying, then duplicating the powers and abilities of its opponents. Arrow called in reinforcements, which nearly proved disastrous as our enemy gained more and more power with each new combatant"

"Whoa. One guy with the powers of the entire league?" Wally asks.

"In the end, it took eight leaguers four hours to defeat and dismantle the android"

"An android? W-who made it, T.O Morrow?" Robin questions.

"Good guess, Robin. But Red Tornado doesn't think so"

"The technology bears the signature of Professor Ivo," Martian Manhunter tells us.

"Ivo? But Ivo's dead," Aqualad says.

"So we all thought or hoped," Black Canary says.

"To make certain this threat is permanently neutralized, we're sending two trucks carrying the android's parts to two separate STAR lab facilities in Boston and New York for immediate evaluation. Every precaution is being taken. We'll have four additional decoy trucks to create confusion in case Ivo or anyone tries to recover the remains. You will split into undercover teams to safeguard the two real trucks"

"Yes! Road trip," Wally says excitedly.

"Don't you think that there could be some sort of tracker in any of the parts? Have you thought of that possibility?" Snow asks.

"We have"

"So now we take out your trash," Superboy says.

"You had something better to do?" Batman asks.

"Coordinates received. On our way," Aqualad says.

Litchfield County
August 3

We were all on our own bikes, Snow with a dark blue one and me with a red. We had been given motorcycle suits so we could go undercover and not be noticed. Three trucks went to the right of the highway, the other three went left.

We split up into two groups, me and my sister going separate ways. Snow went with Robin and Superboy. I went with Aqualad, Miss Martian and Kid Flash. All we did was follow behind the trucks, keeping watch for anyone trying to get to the trucks.

"Do you think Superboy's okay?" Miss M asks. "I-I wasn't reading his mind, I swear, but anger flowed off him in waves"

"Heh. Surf that wave. Just give him space," Kid Flash tells her. "Me? Stick as close as you want"

"Kid, leave her be," I tell him, rolling my eyes.

"Would you rather I stick close to you? Because that can be arranged," he says, moving his bike next to mine.

"Can it be arranged that you shut your mouth?"

"How about you shut it for me?"

I only scoff, speeding up so I didn't have to deal with his senseless flirting anymore.

"Superboy just needs time to cool off," Aqualad tells Miss M. "A quiet mission will clear his head"

"I don't think this is necessarily going to be a quiet mission," I say, noticing some flying robot monkeys attaching themselves to the truck.

"Robin, Superboy, Snow, our truck is under attack!" Aqualad tells them.

"Kinda figured," Robin says.

"I hate monkeys," Superboy says.