Fog 2

"M'gann, Kid, Artemis, we are under attack in the computer lab," Aqualad says.

I start throwing fire at her, but she managed to dodge each time. Megan and Artemis both got to the computer lab but I noticed Kid Flash hadn't shown up yet, which was odd since he was just outside the door.

"You guys can handle her, right?" I ask.

"Yes, why?" Aqualad asks.

"I think something happened to Kid. I'll go check on him"

"He's in the pool," Miss M tells me.

I nod and run out of there, turning until I found the pool. Kid was floating face down in the water. I dive in, bringing him to the side then pulling him out. He wasn't breathing. I put both of my hands on his chest, trying not to make my hands so hot that I burn him. He started coughing then rolled onto his side.

"C'mon, we need to go," I tell him, ringing out the water in my hair as I stood up.

"W-what did you just do?" He asks.

"I evaporated the water that was in your lungs," I tell him plainly.

"Why didn't you just do CPR?"

"Well, one, we don't have time for that, and two, I do not want to put my lips on yours"

I run out, having him scramble to his feet then chase after me.

"W-why not? What's wrong with my lips?"

"Are you seriously asking right now? We have to help the team"

He skidded to a stop in front of me, making me run straight into him. He had turned when he stopped, probably wanting to talk before we returned to the team. But my head hit his, and his lips met mine. We both stared at each other, wide eyed, then I shoved him away, joining the team in the computer lab with red cheeks.

"She's getting away! You're letting her get away!" Roquette shouted.

"This is all your fault!" Kid Flash shouts at Artemis. "You were on perimeter! How'd that shadow get in?"

"That's not really fair. I was outside too," Miss M says.

"Outside, being distracted by her"

"Kid, I'm sure you've had your fair share of letting the bad guy get away because you were distracted. Oh, wait," I say. "You have"

"What? When?"

"Umm, every time you tried to get me you'd be too distracted to notice me escaping. There was only one time where I was caught, and that's only because the Flash was there"

He pouts, crossing his arms and walking away. Miss M goes over to Artemis, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I didn't do half as well during my first battle, and I know you can't have been Green Arrow's sidekick for very long"

"Focus, everyone," Aqualad says. "The shadows will be back"

"Robin to Aqualad. We're over Philadelphia. We've located the shadow's next target, Star Labs. We're too late. It's destroyed, totally destroyed. The fog decimated it. This is bad. Star Labs is cutting edge science and now their secrets are in the hands of the enemy. What's our next move?"

"Rescan for that fog," Aqualad tells Roquette. "Find it. We're moving the doctor"

We moved to some sort of docks. The doctor went immediately back to typing on a computer and we all hung around, waiting for the enemy to show up again. Aqualad and Miss M were outside on perimeter, the rest of us were inside with the doctor.

"Stop it, both of you," Aqualad tells Kid Flash and Artemis.

"What?" They ask together.

"I can hear you glaring"

A minute later someone came in through the door in a suit with a spider symbol on their forehead. Kid Flash took care of him. Then another man with a giant hook came in through the window, Artemis shooting arrows at him. I remained by the doctor, keeping an eye out for any other villain.

From the window in the ceiling I could see the masked one with a crossbow aimed at the doctor. I shot fire at her, making her jump into the room to dodge.

"It's now of never," she said to the others.

They tried taking the doctor but they learned it was actually Miss M who had shapeshifted to look like her.

"You'll never find Roquette," Miss M tells them.

"Never is such a long time," the masked one says. "Pursuing target, keep 'em busy"

"Pursuing their leader, take the rest down," Artemis says.

She ran off but Artemis ran after her, leaving the three of us to fight the other two.

"You are so not the boss of me!" Kid Flash shouts at her.

"Just do it!" She shouts back.

"Kid, you've gotta learn to be more compliant," I tell him, burning the spiderwebs that got webbed around my feet and hands.

"Amber, Kid Flash, we need to end this now," Miss M tells us.

"It's like you read my mind, beautiful," Kid says, taking out the spider man.

Miss M took out the man with the hook, making the hook hit himself in the face.

"Woohoo! I got mine," Miss M said, sounding excited.

"Great. Uh, little help?" Kid asks.

I chuckled, seeing him wrapped up in spider webs. I knelt beside him where he was tied up on the floor and burnt the webs off of him.

"How did you do that without burning me?" He asks loudly.

"I can control the fire. The temperature it burns at"

"Whoa"

We tied up the bad guys and Miss M used her telekinesis to carry them for us. We went to a nearby computer cafe to meet up with Aqualad, Roquette and Artemis.

"What happened to the assassin?" Aqualad asked Artemis.

"She uh-she got away"

"Oh, from you? Oh, big surprise," Kid says. "Notice we got ours"

"Kid, I will slap you if you don't stop," I snap at him.

I picked up a mask I noticed on the ground, the one from the assassin. I looked back up at Artemis who seemed sad, and not about losing the assassin.

"Cool. Souvenir," he says, taking it from my hand.

"Her mask? Did you see her face?" Aqualad asks Artemis, removing some blow darts from his chest.

"It was dark"

"It is fine. Robin, Superboy and Snow neutralized the fog, and Dr. Roquette is safe. Thanks in no small part to you. Welcome to the team"

"I've always wanted a sister. Here on earth, I mean. And now I have three!" Megan says happily. "I have 12 back on Mars, but trust me, it's not the same"

"I wouldn't know. But, thanks"

Miss M nudges Kid in the stomach. "Ow. Yeah. Welcome," he says, not so happily shaking hands with Artemis.