Cookies

Mount Justice
May 14

"Amber, do you want to bake some cookies with me?" Megan asks me excitedly.

"Did you ask Snow?" I ask.

"She said no, she doesn't like baking,"

I stare at the book in my hand, thinking. "Cookies?"

"It'll be fun!"

I sit up, putting down the book I was reading. Megan smiled, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the room I had been given in the Cave. We went to the kitchen and she got all the ingredients together using her telekinesis.

"If we're gonna do this I think it should be without powers," I say.

"Sure. So, do you know why Snow doesn't like baking?" She asks.

"It's because of the oven, it's hot. She doesn't like anything hot. Except for me of course, she's lived with me forever"

We put all the ingredients in a bowl and I started mixing them up while she looked though the recipe to make sure we got everything.

"Megan, can I ask you something?"

"Sure"

"Why did Batman let my sister stay here, with you guys, but not say anything to me?"

"You were a different case. Snow said something about a stolen necklace, also how she didn't want to be a villain"

"The necklace?" I ask quietly.

"Plus, you chose to work with Ivy. Snow said she was forced to go with Harley"

I chuckle nervously. "That was sort of my fault. I said it would be good for her to get out and do something instead of sitting and sulking"

She giggled and I laughed along, for some reason finding it funny as well. Someone stopped behind me, reaching around my arm to steal some cookie dough.

"Hey! Wally get your ha-"

"That's good, you should try some," he said, getting some more cookie dough on his finger, putting it in front of my mouth. "Say ah"

"No," I say, elbowing his chest.

"Oww, why are you so rough?" He whines.

"Trust me, it's got nothing to do with the fact that I used to work with a villain"

"I'm on her side for this one Wally. You were being weird," Megan says.

"I just wanted to try some cookie dough," he says, licking off the cookie dough that was still on his finger.

I roll my eyes, handing the bowl to Megan so she could put the dough on the tray. "Because of this you don't get any cookies"

"What? But-"

"No cookies for you," I state finally.

I felt myself being picked up, one hand behind my back, the other under my knees. I screamed as Wally ran away with me, clinging onto his neck tightly. Wally simply laughed as he came to an abrupt stop, keeping me in his arms. We were in some field, on a hill, far away from the mountain which was visible in the distance.

"Hey," he said in a low, flirty voice, his face right in front of mine.

I growl at him, feeling like my eyes and hair were starting to grow flames, ignoring the little space between our faces. Our foreheads were nearly touching and my arms tied around his neck didn't help with the close contact.

"Take me back"

"Why?"

"I need to help Megan finish with the cookies"

"She can finish them herself"

"Why must you always drag me away from things? First it was me talking with Kaldur, then it was villain stuff with Robin, just plain sister stuff with Snow, and now baking with Megan"

"We haven't properly talked yet, so I thought now would be a good time"

"No, take me back. If you want to talk don't just speed away with me in your arms"

"Ok, so after you're done with Megan, you spend time with me?" He asked, making it sound more like an order than choice.

"Doing what?"

"I don't know, whatever... I could show you around the city"

I open my mouth to object but I knew if I did he would never leave me alone. "Fine, but still no cookies for you"

"Why not?" He asks with a pout.

"Bring me back right now and you can have one, no more"

"Hmm, ok. But, how about, a cookie and a kiss"

"Do not push your luck Speedy," I hiss.

"Okay, I get it," he said.

He carried me back and put me down in the kitchen, running away to do whatever he was going to do. Megan was just setting a timer for the cookies having just put them in the oven. She smiled when she saw me return.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Wally was being annoying. He wouldn't bring me back until I told him he could have some cookies when they're finished. If he asks for some cookies I said he could only have one"

"Okay. I think they're going to turn out pretty good"

"They smell good"

"You actually made cookies?" Snow asks, coming out from the training room in a pair of shorts and a tank top with Robin beside her. They must've been training.

"Had nothing better to do," I say with a shrug.

"You could've came and trained with us,"

"You know I hate training, so that's not even an option for me. I prefer to read, which is what I'm going to do right now. Unless Megan wants company in waiting for the cookies"

"I'm fine, you go have fun," Megan tells me.

I went to my room and sat at my desk, continuing on where I left off last in my book.

"Are the cookies done?"

"Yeah they're in the kitchen," I mumble, pointing towards the door but not looking up from my book. "Only take one"

"Thanks, and don't think I already forgot about our little date. I'll see you tomorrow"

I felt something blow past me, making my hair blow up a little bit. Something warm met my cheek, a set of lips, then whoever stood beside me was gone in a flash.

I scoff, rolling my eyes. "I said no kiss"