Blush

Central City
December 23

"You better not do anything to hurt my sister, you know how fragile she is. If you do anything I will burn you alive," I say to Robin.

He gulps, knowing that was an entirely real scenario. "I won't. I promise"

That happened when Robin and Snow came to tell me about the news, about them dating. I was happy for them, they were a cute couple, but I was still pretty protective over Snow.

I was with Kid Flash and the Flash, fighting Killer Frost. Kid had dragged me out of the cave since I wasn't doing anything. My sister and Robin were fighting with Batman in Gotham City.

Kid Flash was falling from the sky after slipping on some ice. I ran over and used high pressure flames, at a cooler temperature than normal fire, to catch him. I carefully brought him down to the ground, checking to see if he was still breathing. He was.

"You said fire destroys buildings and forests," he said, opening his eyes.

"Because they do"

"Fire isn't always destructive"

One of his hands came up and started fiddling with my hair that fell over my shoulder. I grabbed his hand, putting it back by his side as I started to feel my cheeks grow warmer.

"You're talking nonsense," I say, nearly stumbling over my words.

He chuckles, propping himself up on his elbows. "You just used fire to save my life"

The Flash got an inhibitor collar on Killer Frost and took her to the prison. I left Central City, ignoring Kid Flash when he tried to talk to me.

Happy Harbour
December 23

I was swimming in the pool at Happy Harbour high school. I had changed into a bathing suit and headed straight here. It sure brought back memories, being in this school, but I was swimming because I wanted to get my mind off of things and cool down a little because after saving Kid Flash I actually felt my cheeks growing hot, something that never happens.

Someone else jumped into the water and I looked around but they dragged me down by my foot. I saw Wally's eyes in front of me, his face serious. He was wearing his clothes, his jeans, a pale yellow long sleeve shirt and red button up pulled over top.

My hair and his clothes were floating, we were a distance away from the surface. I tried to go back up but he grabbed my arm, keeping me down. My eyes narrowed as I tried to figure out what he was doing, but they widened when he pushed his lips against mine.

I pushed him away and swam upwards, gasping for breath when I reached the surface. He swam up a second later, watching me brush my hair out of my face. When our eyes met he looked away, looking sad or something.

"I'm sorry, about that," he mutters.

I swim closer to him, turning his face towards mine then push my lips onto his. I kept one hand on his cheek, wrapping my other arm around his neck. It took him a second, then he closed his eyes and put his hands on my hips.

"I was-" I pause, allowing my breathing to slow down a little bit. "-running out of oxygen, that's why I pushed you away. There's no reason to be sorry about what you did"

Mount Justice
December 31

I heard a loud supersonic scream and instantly rushed to the mission room. From what I heard it sounded like Black Canary, But I wasn't certain because she would never use her powers in the cave.

The members of the team who were there had captured her in a bubble full of some kind of gas. Kid Flash, Robin, Zatanna and Rocket were there. Rocket was the new member of the team, she was pretty cool. Red Tornado was in another, more human looking, body with the legs ripped off. Probably from Canary.

"Black Canary a-attacked us?" Zatanna asked.

My sister came rushing up beside me, breathing heavily. She was probably just in her room practicing with her new powers.

"Black Canary is the least of our problems," Red Tornado says. "We must abandon the cave"

The computer started saying names, those of the three superheroes who were currently zeta-ing into the cave.

"We can't all go, I'll stay back and hold them off. Hopefully you will be able to get a safe distance away," I say.

"Why do you always have to sacrifice yourself?" Snow demands, her hands in fists.

"Because who else is going to keep you safe? I have to do this so you and Robin and the others can go fix this mess"

"Amber, you have to come with us," Wally says.

I chuckle, grabbing the front of his suit and pulling him towards me. Our lips met for a couple seconds then I pulled away, aiming my hands in the direction of the zeta tubes.

"It's not like this is going to be the last time you all see me. We've all learned this by now, I'm not that easy to kill"

They left and three of the League members appeared before me. They started to attack and I did good in holding them off for a little bit, but then they got me. One of them placed a microchip or something on my neck, making me lose control of my body and consciousness.