The Same

Secret Lab
December 31, 2013
3 years after

"Amber, are you okay?" Snow asks in a whisper.

"I'm cold. Your powers are overwhelming, but you need to use that before the moment is gone. Freeze the wall, break us out"

"I can't do that"

"You can. If you can manage not to turn into ice even after all those tests, you can do this one thing"

She sighed and froze the door first then the wall. Eventually it cracked, and the both of us smashed through it before the guards could get to us.

I somehow ran beside Snow, even though I was getting colder and colder. When we were a safe distance away my legs nearly gave up, and Snow had to half drag me in the direction we were headed.

Snow dragged me towards a zeta tube. It worked, but what she hadn't planned for happened. There were different people in the cave, each ready to attack.

Mount Justice
December 31

"Who are you? How'd you get in?" A boy demanded.

"I thought the computer announces who's arriving?" Snow says.

The conversation blurred out for a little bit while I tried to hold onto consciousness, then when it came back I heard Snow talking.

"Not really. Where are they? Is Megan or Conner here? What about Artemis?"

"Where's Wally?" I ask, lifting her head up slightly. I was confused when I finally opened my eyes. "Robin? You look like you haven't aged a day, but you are taller and wearing the different uniform..."

"Robin?" Someone else asked, rushing into the room.

I saw the familiar face of Megan, a Megan with short hair, flying behind them. The guy that came in had black hair like Robin's and a mask like his, but he wore a black suit with a blue symbol on the chest.

"Snow?" He asked.

"Who are you? Megan, who is that?" Snow asks quickly.

"That's Nightwing," she answers.

"Snow, I used to be Robin," Nightwing says.

I started slipping out of my sister's grasp, no longer able to keep myself awake. The cold was creeping in on me and it wasn't a good feeling.

"Why won't this work?!" The scientist shouted.

"You need to calm down," a feminine voice said. "There's a clear reason why it isn't working. We waited too long to continue, now we're just going to have to wait and see if the process is just slower than it would have been years ago"

"It's too late, for the both of us," I say. "The test you had planned was for two young girls, if you hadn't noticed we aren't exactly that young anymore"

"And how old are you?"

"16," I said,

The same time Snow said, "15"

That was a year after we had been kidnapped. We would be constantly told that the heroes were looking for us, but they were only rubbing that fact in our faces because as soon as they said that they'd add how far away they were. How they weren't even close to figuring out the truth of where we were.

"Do you think they'll actually find us?" Snow asks me, hugging herself to keep warm.

Last year was when we had truly given up on waiting for them, but it wasn't until a year later when we decided to do something about it. After a year of torture, of waiting for the heroes to save us, we gave in. We decided that it would be easier, and quicker, if we became our own heroes.

"No. No. We'll have to find them if we have any chance of escaping," I said, fanning my face, because I was feeling unusually hot.

Central City
December 31

I gasped awake, my body no longer feeling like it was encased with ice. I was warm, and Snow was no where in sight. But neither was the cave. There were two arms wrapped around my waist, when I turned around I saw a shirtless Wally with his eyes closed. He was probably sleeping.

When I looked down I saw I wasn't wearing a shirt, only my bra, and felt my face start to heat up, a feeling I still wasn't used to. But I knew I'd have to get used to it if I continued to be around Wally.

"You're awake?"

"Why are we both shirtless?" I ask in return.

"You were freezing, body heat is a lot warmer than blankets"

He opened his eyes and my stomach sank. Those were the eyes I had grown to love, and right now they looked a little red. Like he had been crying. I put a hand on his cheek.

"Were you crying?"

"In happiness. I couldn't help myself when Megan called saying you and Snow were there"

I put my arms around his waist, pulling my body even closer to his than it was before, cuddling into the warmth. He chuckles lightly and brushed my hair off of my shoulder.

"I love you," he whispered against my head.

I looked up, moving myself so I was looking him straight in the eye. I knew if we were to stand up he would probably be taller than me, but he was 18 now instead of 15.

"Has there been anybody else?"

"No, because I could never get over the thought of you actually being dead. I'm happy that my wait brought you back to me"

I smile. "I love you too, Wally"

He smiled brightly and moved so he was hovering above me. Both of his hands placed on either side of my head, my arms still wrapped around him. He closed the distance, his lips seeming eager to meet mine.

My heart still fluttered the same way it did the last time I kissed him.