Ice 2

Mount Justice
October 10

I stood, with a blanket wrapped around myself, beside where Wally was sitting in a recliner in the mission room. The wolf, named Wolf, was laying on the other side of him. We watched Artemis fight Robin and Kaldur fight Megan. Captain Marvel still stuck around, offering to help with anything. Wally ended up using him as a personal butler.

"Pineapple juice?" Captain Marvel says, handing Wally a glass.

"Ahh. Just what the doctor ordered"

"How's the arm doing Wally?" Captain Marvel asks him, looking at the cast on his arm.

"Well, nothing wrong nachos can't cure"

"Nachos? Oh! I'll go get you some"

Captain Marvel flew off to the kitchen and Wally leaned back in his chair.

"That is what you call abusing your power," I say, tightening the blanket around myself.

"If you want something just ask," he tells me, sipping on the juice, then he taps his leg. "Why don't you come sit down? Make yourself comfy"

I roll my eyes and move, making his face light up since he thought I was actually going to sit on his lap. Instead I sat on the arm rest, smirking to myself.

"Good work everyone. In fact, it's been a very productive week," Black Canary says.

"Yeah, for everyone except Kid Malinger," Artemis says as they all stop fighting.

"Hey! Arm broken in combat against the Injustice League here," Wally defends.

"My sister is broken because of the Injustice League, I think she tops your wimpy arm," I say, my hands clutching the blanket tightly.

"Amber, she's doing fine. Just a couple more tests and she'll be back to normal," Robin assures me. "Batman said she's recovering well"

Black Canary changed the subject. "I've really enjoyed being your, uh, den mother this week"

"Recognized: Zatara, one, one," the computer says.

We all turn to look at the zeta tubes and see Zatara walk in, but he typed something into a computer and a girl walked through.

"Zatanna, this is the team," he tells the girl, then looks at us. "Team, my daughter, Zatanna"

"Hi, I'm Megan," Megan says, going to the front of the group to introduce everyone. "That's Wally, Artemis, Kaldur, Conner, and Amber"

"Welcome to the cave," Kaldur says.

"Thanks," she says.

"So, are you joining the team?" Megan asks.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves," Zatara says. "This is strictly a visit. But I am sorry we missed the training. It's something from which Zatanna could benefit"

"Do the rest of you get the impression we're still on probation with Zatara?" Megan asks.

"Not just Zatara. I mean, why is Marvel still hanging around?" Conner asks.

"Because we like having him around," Wally says.

"You like having him around cause he waits on you hand and foot," Artemis says.

"And your point is?"

"It almost makes one nostalgic for Red Tornado's tenure as our supervisor," Kaldur says.

"Yeah. At least he trusted us," Robin says.

"If you ignore the fact we shouldn't have trusted him! He was a traitor," Conner says angrily.

"Can I say something?" I ask.

"Anything you want, babe," Wally says, smiling at me.

"You do realize Zatanna can't hear us but she can see us, right?"

We all looked over at Zatanna who was watching us communicate telepathically.

"Are you guys having a psychic conversation?" She asks. "'Cause I can't decide if that's cool or really rude"

"All right, fine," Conner says, turning to look at Black Canary and Zatara. "We were talking about Tornado. It's been weeks since his attack, and the League hasn't told us anything"

"The League is searching for Tornado, as well as the other androids that invaded the cave and their creator, T.O. Morrow. Batman's made tracking them down our highest priority, but it's difficult since he is focused on Snow and her condition"

Robin steps forward. "But you've found none of the above"

"Not yet, but Tornado is Justice League. The team is not to pursue this"

"Why don't you all take Zatanna on a, uh, a tour of the cave?" Zatara suggests.

"Ah, you're giving a tour? Cool!" Captain Marvel says, coming back over to us.

"Actually, I was hoping you'd take Wolf outside," Conner tells him. "He needs the exercise. We'll join you in a few"

"Sure, sure. I can do that. Come on, Wolf"

"What-my nachos!" Wally whines.

We started walking away, and Zatanna walked up beside me. We stopped in the kitchen when she stopped us.

"We aren't actually taking a tour of the cave, are we?" She asks.

"No. We're hunting down that robot," Conner says.

"Yes, we are," Kaldur confirms.

"Oh, wow. Out loud and everything"

"What about new girl?" Artemis asks.

"I'm sure she won't tell," Robin says with a shrug.

"I can't tell. Not if you kidnap me," Zatara says.

"Oh, she's going to fit in great," Artemis says.

I sneezed, shivering as I was hit with a sudden wave of cold air. Everyone looked at me, worry filling their eyes.

"Sorry guys, I'm still not over the cold spell. You will have to find Red Tornado without me"

"But we need you if we want to have any chance against the Red with the fire powers," Wally tells me.

"I don't think I could even make a spark with my fingers. I'd only slow you down. Plus, I want to stay close if my sister gets better"

"I'll be back in a sec," Wally tells the others.

He quickly picks me up and carries me to my room, covering my body with the blankets on my bed.

"Get some sleep," he tells me.

"Thanks, Wally"