Desert 2

We found Aqualad, but he wasn't in good condition. He was speaking in Atlantean, and Miss M couldn't restore his memories with how he was.

"He needs immediate rehydration. Call the bioship," Robin says.

"It's out of range, but you can get him there fast," Miss M says to Kid Flash.

"He's too heavy, and I'm too low on fuel. Right now I couldn't even carry her," he responds, pointing to Snow who was probably the lightest of us all.

"Why not just levitate him back?" Artemis asks.

"I can't. I have to find Superboy. 6 months ago he didn't exist. He has no memories, just animal impulse. I'm the only one who can help him"

"Superboy's indestructible. Just ask those tanks. It's Aqualad who needs your help," Kid Flash says. "Like, now"

"He's probably been captured and is in one of their camps," I suggest. "Honestly, both of them need all the help they can get. While we're here I say we help Aqualad"

"How do you suggest we do that?" Robin asks.

"Snow can make ice, I have fire. Maybe we can make some water to at least get him back up and walking"

Miss M clutches her head, then flies away. "No! Superboy's on pain! We can't wait!"

"We still don't know what erased our memories! It could happen again!" Robin shouts.

"So, you gonna do your thing?" Kid Flash asks me and Snow.

"Give us a minute," Snow tells him.

We both knelt down beside Aqualad. Snow made some ice and I grabbed onto it. I made it melt, giving Aqualad enough water for him to get up. He jumped up, looking weak but awake.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. We're friends, you lost your memory," Snow says.

We all started walking back to where Robin located the bioship, having to help Aqualad since he still wasn't fully healed.

"Can't you guys just get him some more water?" Kid Flash asks us.

"No. Snow can only use her powers to a certain extent," I tell him.

"It's too hot for me. When my body temperature gets too warm I can't make ice or anything. Same for Amber, her body temperature gets too cold and she can't use her powers. But hers are stronger than mine since she's had them longer," Snow explains.

At one point Aqualad dropped, unable to move any longer. They built him a makeshift cot, dragging it through the sand the rest of the way to the bioship. When we got there we hooked up Aqualad to an IV bag, setting him on a bed.

"Hey guys! I found Superboy. He's back to normal and we're on our way," Miss M informs us.

Aqualad jolts upwards , looking shocked. "Who are you? And how did you get inside my head?"

"She's a friend," Snow tells him.

"Hello Megan, Aqualad's memories! I knew I forgot something"

"Aw man, me too. I didn't get a souvenir from the mission," Kid Flash said.

"Don't worry. Got the souvenir thing covered," Miss M assures him.

When Miss M got back with Superboy they had a giant sphere with them. Kid Flash was pretty excited to see the sphere, theories of what it was and how it was even alive rushing out of his mouth as he quickly ran circles around it, stopping here and there to inspect it.

"Okay, Wally, we get it. You're excited about this technology. Most of what you're saying is going straight over all of our heads, so calm down," I tell him.

"Am I too brilliant for you?" He asks, rushing over to me.

"I know exactly what you're talking about but you're speaking at 100mph, you've gotta set a speed limit on your mouth"

Robin laughed at my remark, Snow giggling slightly. Everyone else had gone to the front so they could fly back to the mountain. The sphere beeped, like it understood or it was trying to say something to us. We just ignored it, him glaring at me, me smiling because I was getting on his nerves.

Mount Justice
September 5

I headed straight for my room as soon as we landed in the cave, not listening to my sister when she tried to talk with me. I knew she knew I was messed up because of what happened, but here was nothing she could do to make me feel better.

I laid face first on my bed, my head smushed into a pillow. Someone walked in, quietly closing the door behind them, then they came over and sat on the side of my bed.

"You said no when I asked you if you're okay," Wally stated, hoping for me to elaborate.

I move my head so my voice wouldn't be muffled by the pillow but so my face would still be hidden. "I feel like I betrayed family, and there's nothing worse than betraying those who you've grown up with"

"There is, actually. Did you love them?"

"I love my sister"

"What about Poison Ivy?"

"What's your point?" I ask, rolling into my side so I could look at him.

"Betraying or being betrayed by someone who you love is a lot worse"

"You've got a point. But it's not just that. I'm going against myself, what I believe. I feel like some sort of hypocrite"

"You aren't. All you've done is change, I think it's for the better"

I sit up, hugging the pillow. "You think I've gotten better?"

"Well considering you used to be my enemy and now we're teammates, friends..."

"I understand what you mean. Maybe it was for the better, but there is always going to be a part of me that hates myself because of this change"

He puts a hand on my shoulder, making me look up and stare straight into his eyes. He had a soft and kind smile on his face.

"The part that you hate is what I love"