03

•••
You

"Were you an athlete in your past life?" I rolled my eyes for the tenth time today because of Jungkook's constant questions. I mean, I don't blame the guy though, he knows how athletic you are. "Jungkook seriously? I told you, it was pure coincidence that I actually beat Mingyu okay?" I said but Jungkook was still staring at me. "Stop staring." I pushed his face away and he just laughed, his laugh can turn evil the longer he is laughing which is sometimes creepy.

"Okay, okay. I believe you, it's just... Weird to see you moving around that such knowing how much of a lazy ass you are despite being the smartest student in school." Jungkook said, well it's true, some say that we go with each other very well. I'm more of the book worm or nerd, and Jungkook is athletic and he's our best football player.

"That'll be the last time I'll move like that." I groaned out and laid my head on the table. "How did I befriend a lazy ass?" He sighed out loud, "How did I befriend with an idiot?" I retorted back to him.

When school was over we both walked together back home, sadly we're not neighbours. Jungkook lives with his family while I live alone in an apartment that my parents bought, you see my parents are the typical cold blooded vampires who despise humans or mortals like they say. When they found out I befriended with a human boy they were furious, but I cherish my friendship with Jungkook and decided not to follow them back to L.A. and stay here in Korea.

His parents are cool with me and we've had sleepovers several times before even until today. I fixed the jacket hoodie on my head making sure that the sun doesn't hit my skin. I can walk under the sunlight only if I eat this pill to prevent us vampires from burning under the sun. I haven't taken my pills for this week because the supply haven't arrived, it'll arrive probably by today I hope.

"You know we can always ask my mom to drop you off instead of walking." Jungkook said looking at me, he thinks that I have very sensitive skin which explains why I hate being under the sun or why I'm pale.

Sorry Kookie. I'm pale because I'm a vampire.

"And cause even more air pollution? I'm fine Jungkook." I told him and pull the sleeves to cover my hands, I heard a sigh from him before he pulled me inside a small store. "Why are we here?" I asked him, he kept pulling me towards this section and took an umbrella from the racks. He went to the cashier and paid for the umbrella before walking out from the store and opening the umbrella.

"Here."

I took the umbrella from his hand as he smiled at me, "This is much easier than a stuffy jacket." Jungkook smiled down at me because of the height differences. "Thanks Jungkook." I said to him gratefully.

"Anything for my best friend."

•••

I stared outside of the window from my penthouse blankly as I sunk my fangs inside the blood bag and sighed in bliss feeling the thick liquid running down my throat, my thrist is finally settled down.

I took a tissue and wiped my mouth before throwing it both the tissue and empty blood bag inside the black plastic bag. I took a deep breath letting my blood lust calm down.

The blood moon will be here soon and I'm nervous as fuck because this is where my vampire mode will be on 24/7 for 3 days, Jungkook would probably think that I'll be visiting my parents again though in reality I'll just lock myself up in this apartment until the blood moon ends.

"You can do this Y/N." I mumbled to myself. The next day during class, we're listening to our Mythology teacher who's talking about witches and elves. "I hope you already started your projects because this will give you 40% for your exam." Mrs. Gong said as some students mumbled an 'okay' and 'yes Mrs. Gong'.

"Hey." Jungkook whispered at me, I hummed and stared at him. "Where should we do our project?" He aske, "Is that even a question? Your place of course, Mrs. Jeon makes snacks for me whenever I go to your place." I said and he scoffed mumbling something that I choose to ignore.

Once we were in front of his house he opened the door before yelling, "Eomma! I'm home and I brought your lost daughter
with me!" I hit his head with my file and he snickered before taking off his shoes and I followed behind him after putting my umbrella away.

"Eomma?" Jungkook called out again, "I'm in the kitchen!" We heard her shout out so we walked towards the kitchen to see her already cooking lunch, I saw Jungkook's baby sister, Jungmin sitting on her high chair chewing happily on her chew toy. "Welcome home Jungkook, and Y/N so glad you're here!" Mrs. Jeon grinned as she wiped her hands on her apron. "Hi Mrs. Jeon, hello Jungminnie." I cooed at the baby who giggled happily showing two of her front teeth.

"Eomma, me and Y/N will be doing our school project." Jungkook told her while playing with Jungmin, "Alright, why don't you kids eat first. I have to go visit your grandmother later with Jungmin so you have the house to yourself." We both nodded and sat down at the table as Mrs. Jeon served us food.

I forced myself to swallow the food and just acted like I was enjoying the food because I'm polite and don't want them to know that I'm not human. "Have some more meat Y/N, you're too skinny." Mrs. Jeon gave me the stir fried meat to me and I smiled at her, thanking her as well. I picked up the emat between the chopsticks and put it in my mouth.

For Jungkook.