1 0 . 1 1 . 2 0 1 5

"O, wind, if winter comes, can spring be far behind?"

•°•°•°•°•

To the one from the star,

You were like the spring in this cold, austere life of mine. I was the bird trapped in a cage, and you were the key who'd held my freedom in your palm. I was the malnourished bud devoid of all light, where you were the rain who'd cleansed my soul; you were the light that had helped me grow.

Did you ever realise that I was growing fond of you every passing day? Did you ever realise how this scared, helpless girl without family and friends was slowly finding a home in you?

If yes, then why? Why did you leave?

"I am a star who came from above," you'd said while gazing up at the sky. I didn't look at you. Couldn't look at you.

Because I didn't believe you. Your existence
was too good to be true.

When I didn't reply, you decided to explain, "I am a star, a shooting star. Every night when one of us runs on his tracks across the sky, we hear plenty of humans plea for wealth, happiness, love...We simply choose to stick with one of you for a while and help you acquire what you wish for."

I remember staring at you, dumbfounded. Did you realise you sounded like someone who'd lost a few screws in the head? I thought you were insane. And so I decided to humour you; for the sole sake of killing time.

Ah, memories.

"So...you're a star? A shooting star?"

"Yes."

"You grant people their wishes?"

"Uh-huh."

"Like the genie?"

"Genie?"

"And there are more of you?"

"Yeah, but what's a ge-"

"But why did you come here to help me?"

You'd stared at me for a while. And I couldn't think of doing anything else other than staring back at you.

"Because you'd asked for a miracle, and I decided I'll show you one." And you smiled.

What wouldn't I give to see that smile again....

"A miracle," I'd whispered, pondering on what you possibly could've meant by that.

Did you realise that your very existence was like a miracle to me?

•°•°•°•°•

A/N

So thoughts? XD Maybe it's too early to ask, but what do you think of that star?

Thank you so much for reading! ❤

~Jenna