1 6 . 1 . 2 0 1 6

“And the sunlight clasps the earth,
And the moonbeams kiss the sea.
What are all these kissings worth,
If thou kiss not me?”

•°•°•°•°•

To the one from the star,

A week flew by without notice, and before I realised it, it was the day Noah and I had decided to meet up for the project that was due in 3 days.

It was a cold Sunday morning, but warmer than than the other days when I'd spent most of my time indoors sleeping or lazing in bed.

“Do you want me to come along?” You were resting against the wall with your head leaning against the window frame. The sunlight had outlined your face with the softest touch of gold; your hair almost shone white as the clouds in the sky looked like they were floating right above your head, accentuating your frame with a silver lining.

“So you can distract me and I get nothing done by the end of the day?”

“Hey! It's not my fault that you're distracted by everything.”

“You think you're distracting?” I'd snorted.

You'd turned around, took two steps towards me, pulled me into your embrace with the lightest tug, and smiled. “Isn't that what you meant?”

“No…”

“Then explain what you'd meant.” You drew your face nearer to mine, our foreheads touching. My eyes lifted up to yours and I realised I was lost. There was no coming back.

“I'd meant-” I stopped. I'd forgotten what my mind had ready as a retort.

“Uh huh. Go on.” The slightest breath leaving your mouth brushed against my lips, and I resisted the urge to sigh and collapse.

“What I-”

Your hand lifted up a loose strand off my face and tugged it behind my ear, but you didn't stop there. Tracing a line with a feather touch down the bare skin of my neck, your hand finally came down to settle on my waist. With a gentle pull, you drew me closer, so much so that there was a distance of only a hair’s breadth between us. I breathed in your scent, and was ready to be driven to insanity again. But I quickly realised what exactly you were trying to do.

“I- hey this is cheating.” I pulled away and stomped on your foot. “Don't pull stunts like that on me again.”

You being the person you were groaned in pain that was entirely a pretence done to infuriate me. I could only give you the stare that said, “You're cute and all, but stop!”

Your groans quickly turned into snorts until you were doubling over in fits of laughter. “You're cute when you're angry.”

“I hate you.”

“You love me.”

“I love saucepan-face. Not shit-face.”

“What does that even mean?”

“That means you're shit-face and I hate you.”
“But, but-”

“I'm going. Don't follow me.”

Even though I was slightly -- only slightly -- annoyed, I couldn't hold the smile.

When I walked outside and was met with the open sky, I was reminded of you. The earth was still painted in white velvet that often shone like treasure with the barest touch of sunlight. The wind had picked up again but wasn't as wild as it was the day before. It almost felt like a caress -- like the light touches when you cupped my face in your palms and stared into the depths of my eyes. It felt like the flame and the storm. It was warm and cold. It was raging and lovely all the same. It was like the night sky mingling with the day when dawn announced its arrival. 

I'd smiled and quickly made my way to The Last Lane, a coffee shop just a few blocks away from our school. Since it was a Sunday morning, the roads were almost empty, except for a few who enjoyed the cold and loved outdoors during this time.

The leaves rustled in symphony with the wind, and when I was almost only a block away from the coffee shop, I heard a sweet melody reach my ears. The music resonated with the rustle of leaves so well, I was almost fooled into thinking that my mind just imagined nature sing a song for me.

I didn't realise I'd stopped walking in the middle of the street. The melody was so peaceful, I felt my nerves calm and at the same time the hair on my back rise with each note. After a moment's concentration, I realised it was violin. I couldn't recognise the music though.

I followed the tune. It pulled me with a string that seemed to be weaved by pied piper himself. The song wrapped itself around my ankles and drew me closer. I walked on without hesitation. Until I realised I was standing before the entrance of The Last Lane itself.

Noah was sitting on the stairs outside the coffee shop. With his violin resting on his shoulder, his eyes remained closed while he focussed on his music. In the classroom, Noah had seemed like an entirely different person. With his eyes open behind his round glasses, he told a different story.

However, sitting there with his eyes closed, his lips pressed together, and his body posed with his violin, he seemed to be telling another story with his music.

I'd stood there for a good minute, just listening until I felt lost and entirely forgot the reason why I was there to meet him.

“Oh, you're here!” Noah had stood up when he saw me waiting. “I'm so sorry I didn't realise you were here.”

Suddenly I was jerked back to reality.

“Ah no...it's alright.” I felt embarrassed all of a sudden. “I was just listening...ah, you play really well.”

Noah seemed to be the type of guy who would shy away from a compliment. And he did. His cheeks were too red to blame the cold. “Thank you. I-I'm glad you liked it.”

I'd just nodded and smiled. Strangely enough I looked forward to working with him.

•°•°•°•°•

A/N

Ah I know. It's a late update. >.< But I hope you enjoyed this entry. Let me know your thoughts! What do you think of Noah? Do you think MC and Noah will be fast friends? ;)

Thank you so much for reading! ❤

~Jenna