Strawberry Kit Kat (2)

There's a loud sigh from behind her, causing her to stop what she's doing.

Tiffany turns her head and watches Taeyeon stretch long and hard. She smiles to herself. It's a sight that is now common to her after a few days of working together. She has grown to like seeing tired Taeyeon, strangely, with hair pulled up in a messy bun, brows furrowed in deep focus and lips pouting. She has never seen anyone look so cute when exhausted.

"What are you looking at?" Taeyeon asks in a slightly irritated tone when she realizes Tiffany staring.

"But I can do without the snapping," says Tiffany, continuing her thought out loud.

"What?"

"Nothing. Tired?"

"Aren't you?" Taeyeon stretches some more, noisily, then lets out the loudest sigh to date as she slumps in her chair. "Let's go home."

"We have a deadline to meet, Taeyeon," replies Tiffany. She has already resumed working.

"I know but we can finish this in the morning. The deadline's tomorrow but there's no specific time, right? If we give this to them by lunchtime or even before going home, it still counts as tomorrow, right?"

"Technically, yes."

"Then let's go home and get some sleep. We don't have much left to do anyway."

"You go ahead. I'm gonna try to get a bit more done before I leave."

Taeyeon swivels in her chair to face Tiffany who is still diligently working, eyes focused on the screen.

"Wake me up when you're done then. I need to rest my eyes," she says, clasping her hands over her stomach. She leans her head back and closes her eyes, trying to get comfortable in her chair. It doesn't take long for her to fall asleep for real.

Tiffany turns a few minutes later to see Taeyeon asleep. "Go home and sleep."

"..."

"Taeyeon."

"..."

Tiffany puts down the drawing pen and quietly approaches the sleeping Taeyeon. She smiles, trying hard to fight the urge to prank the girl. Instead, she settles with taking a stealthy picture of Taeyeon sleeping with her mouth open and goes back to work.

—-

"Don't fall asleep in the train, okay?" says Tiffany, nudging the drowsy looking Taeyeon as they stand in the middle of the small hall.

It's their daily ritual now to stop at that spot and say goodbye before going to their respective platforms.

"I'll try. No promises." Taeyeon yawns.

"You'll miss your stop if you fall asleep."

Taeyeon just stares at Tiffany blankly, making the latter chuckle.

"Alright. Go on home before you decide to sleep here." She pats Taeyeon's arm. "Good night. Well done today," she says. "I'll see you tomorrow. Get home safely."

Tiffany takes a step back then turns around to catch her train.

"Wait!"

She hears the Korean word and turns around by reflex to see Taeyeon running towards her.

"I almost forgot!" says the girl rummaging in her bag. "Here."

Tiffany smiles when she takes the small pink package from Taeyeon. "So you're really going to do this every day?"