Strawberry Kit Kat (11)

Tiffany can't hold in her laughter when she sees the state Taeyeon's in and the shock on her face.

She has spent yesterday running around like a mad woman. First, she had to repack her luggage and rush back to the airport with Sooyoung driving her.

Then she went to one airline counter after another, looking for a last minute ticket back to Japan.

She followed Sooyoung's advice and prepared her father's credit card –which was given to her a long time ago but has never been used because of her stubborn determination to be independent– to be able to pay for any available class on any flight. Business class, first class, she'd take them all.

But as luck would have it, all flights were fully booked and she almost gave up when Sooyoung told the lady behind the counter to notify them as soon as a spot opens up in any flight, leaving her phone number behind.

"We'll be waiting here at the airport so please call us and we'll come rushing," said the tall girl. "It's an emergency. Please help us."

Tiffany thanked her friend who then ushered her to the nearest restaurant so that they could have late lunch while they waited.

In the end, Tiffany managed to secure a first class seat on an evening flight to Japan.

She thanked Sooyoung who had kindly stayed with her all day and when she arrived in Tokyo, she decided to let Taeyeon rest for the night and went to her own apartment to get some sleep.

Now she has finally met the person she's been dying to see and all fatigue and stress from yesterday disappears as she pulls Taeyeon into a hug.

She hears her gasp and feels her tensing but she doesn't care. It feels so good to have Taeyeon in her arms.

Soon, Taeyeon relaxes and returns the hug, warmly placing her arms around Tiffany before she squeezes her, releasing more flutters inside.

"I thought we're done with the surprises?"

Tiffany chuckles when she hears Taeyeon's voice.

"Just this last one then no more," she says. "I'm sorry for the stupid miscommunication yesterday."

"It's okay. I'm sorry I made you fly back and forth," says Taeyeon.

"Don't worry. I did that on my own because I just had to see you."

Taeyeon loosens her hold and Tiffany does the same.

They grin shyly at each other before Tiffany laughs once more, brushing Taeyeon's cheek with her hand, dusting the sticky crumbs away.

"Did you sleep in a bed of Kit Kats or something?" she asks.

"Uh..."

Tiffany can see Taeyeon's face reddening right before the girl dashes inside the hotel room.

"What are you doing?" she asks, following Taeyeon inside.

She finds her picking up what look like wrappers off the bed and the floor, stuffing them into the trash bin.

"Wow. How many did you eat?"

"I... I don't know," mumbles Taeyeon as she gathers every last piece – her face burning in shame.

Tiffany hears the clang of an empty can hitting the bin. "Were you drinking as well?"

"No no! It's non-alcohol beer."

"Oh good. Because you can't handle your alcohol, Taeyeon."

"I know I know," mumbles the girl now trying hard to clean the bed from crumbs.