Strawberry Kit Kat (9)

"What's the news, old pal?" says Sunny cheerfully the moment Taeyeon takes a seat.

"Same old, same old," replies Taeyeon as she puts her laptop bag on the empty chair and sighs. "My goodness it's so hot out there!"

"It's called summer, my friend."

"Where are Sooyoung and Yul?"

"On their way."

"Oh okay." Taeyeon raises her hand and places an order for a tall glass of cold drink.

"So how have you been?" Sunny asks after the waiter has left.

"Err... I'm okay. Why did you ask?"

"Because it's been a month since Tiffany left and you haven't really gotten your old rhythm back."

"What old rhythm?"

"Your brighter rhythm."

"I'm always bright!"

Sunny snorts. "Yeah right and I was once tall. So?"

"So?"

"Update me!"

"There is nothing to update!"

"Are you two still texting each other?"

"Sometimes."

"Phone app?"

"No. Office IM."

"What? So no contact after office hours?"

"Only once or twice."

"I don't get it," Sunny says, leaning back. "After that intensive two weeks you guys spent together, I have expected some kind of conclusive bang to this. Like... maybe you decide to give her a shot or she decides to travel back and forth or something."

"Does it matter? It's not gonna work either way."

"You won't know until you try. What's stopping you, anyway? I thought after that talk with Sooyoung, you'd get enlightened."

"You don't even know what Sooyoung told me."

"That's true but still, that should've at least given you a little push. I mean, come on, you two aren't blind. You know you want each other so why no bang?"

"Stop using the word bang." Taeyeon frowns in disapproval.

"I can't! I'm a disappointed bystander here. I want to see some banging!" Sunny then laughs out loud after hearing her own words, cringing. "Ew... never mind that."

"You pervert." Taeyeon shakes her head at her friend.

"Excuse me for being supportive. I just want you to be happy."

"Then shut up and let me be."

Sunny's food arrives and the girl finally shuts up, much to Taeyeon's relief, as she begins eating.

Taeyeon's drink also arrives and after thanking the waiter, she takes a long sip and sighs, taking out her phone to check her messages.

She taps on the chat she shares with Tiffany and sees the time stamp on the last message. It's dated a week ago and it's just a short message related to work.

Suddenly, an alert pops up, notifying her of a new message from the group chat she shares with Sunny and her other friends. It's from Sooyoung saying "Almost there! Sorry for the wait, Dandyu!"

Seeing Sooyoung's name triggers the memory of that talk she had with her, shortly after Tiffany left.

============