Strawberry Kit Kat (4)

The first thing Tiffany does when she wakes up the next morning is check her phone for messages from Taeyeon.

After months of literally having no one to really talk to, it feels so good to be able to connect with someone again. Taeyeon is like a breath of fresh air, the bright spot in her dreary life, and quite possibly, the cure her heart's been looking for.

She pushes that last thought aside as she places her phone back on the mattress.

It's way too early to think that and I'm not even sure she feels the same way regardless of how well we click. Maybe she just likes befriending me. After all, everything we've talked about or done so far is just normal platonic friendly stuff. I'm not even sure she's able to like me that way. This is Korea, after all.

The fact that there's no message from Taeyeon helps convince her that that's indeed the case.

She takes a shower, puts on a loose t-shirt, sweatpants and jacket; and goes down to the minimart to get something to eat for breakfast. Since it's just going to be a quick trip, she leaves her phone in her apartment, only taking her wallet with her.

When she returns, she makes herself two slices of toast with jam and switches on the TV, forgetting about her phone.

After she has finished her breakfast, she finally checks the device and sees a missed call from Taeyeon and a few messages.

"Good morning. Are you up? Sunny offers to pick us up for lunch. It's gonna be somewhere in Apgujeong so should be near where you live. Do you mind texting me your address?"

There's a more recent message after that one.

"On second thought, how 'bout we make it easier for her. I haven't had breakfast yet and if you're free, why don't we go get something to eat? Then Sunny can just pick both of us up at once."

"Darn," she mumbles, instantly regretting not checking her phone earlier and the toasts she just ate. But it's too good of an opportunity to pass up on so she quickly replies, "Hi! Sorry I haven't checked my phone all morning. Is the breakfast invitation still valid?"

It doesn't take long before Taeyeon's reply arrives.

"You're in luck. My fridge is empty and I'm too lazy to get something to eat from the minimart. So, yes."

"Let me guess. You're still in bed?"

They've briefly discussed the differences in how they choose to spend their free time.

Tiffany likes to go out and do stuff, go shopping or even exploring new places to eat at; while Taeyeon prefers staying inside, playing video games or watching TV.

The phone rings and Tiffany taps the green icon eagerly. "Hey."

"Are you psychic?" asks Taeyeon, adding a little gasp for effect.

Tiffany can't help but laugh. "No. I have a good memory, that's all. You told me how much you like staying indoors and since it's weekend, I figured that you'd still be lazing around."

"Well, you're right. So... breakfast?"

"Can we get something light?"

"Anything you want."

Tiffany's smile widens. "Okay then. I'll go change. Where do you want to meet?"

"Gangnam station? You'd have to wait for me though. It'll take a while to get there."

"I don't mind."

"Okay. I'll let you know when I'm on my way so you won't have to wait too long at the station."