Strawberry Kit Kat (10)

Taeyeon takes the earliest flight out from Seoul to Japan so that she can have plenty of time to prepare herself before surprising Tiffany.

Yuri's idea about temporarily moving to Japan is tempting and it's one of the things that she wants to discuss with Tiffany, right after she tells her the honest truth about how she feels.

Yes, Taeyeon is going to confess.

After two plus months of not being able to forget Tiffany even for a little bit, she thinks it's better to just put it out in the open and see where it goes. She knows it's risky, Tiffany might still not be ready and she might get rejected but she figures that it's better than keeping everything inside.

She has spent the night before the flight packing and writing down what she wanted to say. In the end, she just ripped the paper from the pad, crumpling it into a ball before tossing it away. She'd just have to follow her heart because it's too difficult to put into words how she feels about Tiffany.

It was a restless night. She kept waking up, afraid that she would miss her flight.

She was nervous yet excited and totally giddy.

Before her taxi arrived, she was already standing in front of her building with her carry-on in tow, waiting.

Now she's in the plane and the short two-hour flight feels like twelve hours instead.

Taeyeon leaves the arrival hall and heads straight to the taxi line. Time is of the essence so she has prepared plenty of money for taxi fare. There is no slacking off until she has accomplished her goal.

She arrives at the hotel, checks-in then just for safety measure, she texts Tiffany good morning, asking her what her plan for today is going to be.

"Morning. It's long weekend here in Japan," Tiffany replies, "So I plan on lazing around the apartment all day."

Perfect! says Taeyeon to herself, grinning from ear to ear.

"How 'bout you? Are you at work?" comes Tiffany's next message.

"I'm still home. Worked overtime last night so I told Yeonho oppa that I'm gonna be late today," replies Taeyeon, reciting the little lie she has prepared beforehand.

"Ah I see."

The messages stop as Taeyeon goes to freshen up. She takes a quick shower, dries her hair, reapplies her makeup carefully and takes out the clothes she has prepared the night before, making sure she looks presentable.

Then she hops down to the lobby, asks the receptionist where the nearest florist and minimart are, and rushes out into the city.

She buys one box of green tea Kit Kats and one box of strawberry Kit Kats then ties them up together with the pink ribbon she has prepared while waiting for the florist to arrange her handpicked flowers into a bouquet.

"Arigatou gozaimasu," she thanks the florist with a polite bow and the smile that never leaves her face.

She hails a taxi, shows the driver Tiffany's address and leans back, taking deep breaths to calm her heart.

This is it. Let's hope this works.

—-

Tiffany is walking out of the arrival hall at Gimpo airport when she receives Taeyeon's message.

"Morning. What are you doing? Any plans today besides slaving at the office all day?"

With a mischievous grin on her face, she quickly replies, "Morning. It's long weekend here in Japan so I plan on lazing around the apartment all day."