Strawberry Kit Kat (5)

Sunny excuses herself to go to the toilet, leaving Taeyeon and Tiffany alone at the table, sipping their drinks quietly.

Whatever awkwardness they felt at the start has disappeared and the three of them look like three good friends, having fun talking and eating together.

Taeyeon is grateful for her best friend who helps brighten the atmosphere, just like back then in Japan.

She is also glad that Sunny didn't mention anything about the girls that their friends were trying to introduce her to at last night's party. All her friend has done so far is tell them the funny and juicy tidbits about what happened during the party.

She finishes her drink and leans back, pretending to check her phone for messages while she's actually, stealthily, observing Tiffany.

Ever since she saw her standing in the middle of that station hall earlier today, she can't help but admire Tiffany's appearance. There's something different today about the woman sitting across from her and it leaves her heart endlessly fluttering. She's not sure whether it's Tiffany's hair or makeup or clothes or how shy yet happy she seems to be. Whatever it is, it makes Tiffany appears so much more endearing to her today.

This crush is not gonna go away any time soon, is it?

She silently sighs, unsure whether she should be happy or depressed about that little fact.

But then she remembers the brief touch on her arm and the feel of Tiffany's hand fitting snuggly with her own, and instantly smiles a little.

"I've just read Yeonho oppa's email," says Tiffany suddenly, making Taeyeon lift her head.

"Hm?"

"There's a lot to do." Tiffany shows Taeyeon her phone with the long feedback displayed on its screen.

"Yes but mostly my stuff."

Tiffany goes back to reading the email, furrowing her brows in thought as her thumb slowly scrolls down the text.

"Hey," Taeyeon calls out when she sees the serious look.

Tiffany looks up, eyes instantly locking with Taeyeon's.

"Don't worry about it. I've done double that amount in one day alone. It's going to be fine. I think it's doable," she says optimistically, hoping to set Tiffany's mind at ease. "We have all day tomorrow so enjoy today."

"I might try to get a head start tonight though."

"Oh?"

Taeyeon's slightly disappointed because she's been considering taking Tiffany out to dinner tonight.

"But not without you," adds Tiffany.

The words immediately erase the disappointment as fast as it came. "Partners should stick together so I guess I should get started tonight as well then. Your place or mine?" asks Taeyeon.

"Well well, are we talking sleepovers now?" teases Sunny as she appears out of nowhere, sitting down next to Taeyeon. "Such awesome progress, I must say."

The remark leaves the two shocked and speechless. Tiffany looks away, turning pink at the cheeks, while Taeyeon is shooting daggers out of her eyes at her best friend while frowning. Her cheeks are just as pink as Tiffany's though.

Sunny realizes what her joke has done and laughs out loud. "Wow. Sorry. I was just kidding! Chill, people!" Then she wisely launches into another funny episode caused by the clubber girl that Hyoyeon had invited to Yuri's party last night.