Strawberry Kit Kat (12)

"There she is now," Sunny says, making Taeyeon turn her head.

Approaching from behind is a very happy Yuri.

"Guys guys guys! I did it! I finally booked the chef!" exclaims the tanned young woman as she sits between Taeyeon and Sunny, clapping her hands in delight.

"I must say, this is going to be very intriguing," comments Sunny as she pops another piece of French fries into her mouth. "Are you sure about this party?"

"Of course! It's gonna be awesome! Just ask Syoung!" Yuri gestures at the smiling girl across the table.

"But you and elegant parties just don't match," Sunny says with a frown.

"Yah!" Yuri slaps her friend's arm. "Are you saying that I'm not elegant?!"

"That's exactly what she's saying," Taeyeon quips, adding fuel to fire.

"I know how to be elegant, okay?!" Yuri shouts a bit too loudly. Thankfully, the restaurant is crowded and the outburst is easily drowned by the buzz of people talking and the live music.

"Don't worry. It's going to be great," Sooyoung finally speaks. "Everything is arranged meticulously by yours truly so that Yul can't mess up anything."

Yuri frowns then childishly sticks her tongue out at her friend.

"Besides, it's just going to be us and our good friends. We all know how embarrassing Yul can be so everything's under control and within expectation."

The host-to-be slumps in her chair and shakes her head. "Why do I let you guys bully me like this?"

"Because it's the truth. This is not your type of party," replies Sunny.

"But it's a nice change," Taeyeon says, trying to humor her friend. "Don't worry, Yul, we'll be there. I can't wait to taste whatever fine dining menu you're going to prepare."

And just like that, the bright smile reappears on Yuri's face. "Trust me, it's gonna be delicious! By the way, Taeng, I've prepared one extra seat for Tiffany. Ask her."

"I'm not sure she's free though."

"Just ask. No harm in doing that, right?"

"Alright. I'll ask."

"Speaking of Tiffany, how are you two doing?" asks Sunny.

Taeyeon shrugs. "The usual. Nothing's changed."

"Nothing has to change, for all I care. You're practically dating anyway," remarks Yuri.

"We're not."

"You act like you do. All those endless chats, phone calls, visits-..."

"Hey I only visited her twice in the past four months!" argues Taeyeon.

"And she visited you twice so that makes a total of four times in the course of four months which means you saw each other once a month. That sounds like dating to me."

"Wow Yul. Never knew that you're such a math genius," retorts Taeyeon.

"It's true though," Sunny defends her tall friend. "You've been acting like you're dating."

"We are not dating! This is just us being good friends, okay? We're not committed or bound to each other. She's not ready yet and I'm letting her take her time."

"Regardless of status, she seems happier since that almost disastrous trip you made to Japan, back in summer," says Sooyoung with a smile. "I don't know what you're doing but keep at it, Taeng. I can almost see the old Fany again."