Strawberry Kit Kat (8)

After she has finished cooking, Taeyeon makes sure she has washed everything she used and neatly returns them to where she found them.

She grabs a drink for herself and goes to the living room to see Tiffany asleep on the couch with the TV still on.

She takes in the sight, hoping to somehow imprint it in her mind especially with the impending good bye.

The thought of not having Tiffany around anymore saddens her as she goes to the guest bedroom, takes the blanket Tiffany once used to cover her and carefully, quietly, approaches the sleeping girl.

She covers her with the blanket as gently as she can. Then she squats down next to her, observing every inch of the face she considers the most beautiful she has ever seen in life.

You're the most amazing person I've ever connected with, the only person I've ever felt so attracted to in such a short amount of time.

She smiles and listens to Tiffany's steady breathing for another minute before she has to go.

Taeyeon is about to stand up when she decides to follow her gut and do the crazy thing she has been wanting to do for quite a while now – feeling that this might be the only chance she'll have to do it. She holds her breath, leans forward and presses her lips gently against Tiffany's cheek, suppressing the instant burst of butterflies in her stomach when her lips make contact with Tiffany's soft skin.

I hope you'd stay for at least another week. I'll miss you so much.

—-

"Good morning. I'm sorry I didn't hear you leave last night. Guess what I'm having for breakfast?"

Taeyeon smiles when she sees the message complete with a picture of a bowl of rice and the stew she cooked for her last night. She has never felt prouder.

"Good morning. That looks yum," she replies.

"It is yum! Thank you, Taeyeon."

"You're welcome, Tiffany."

"What are you having for breakfast?"

"Cereal."

"What? Why?"

"I'm just in the mood for cereals. Is that so wrong?"

"You're lying. Is it because you brought your food to my house last night and have nothing else to eat?"

"Of course not!" Taeyeon lies.

"Come over and share this with me. There's too much for me to finish alone anyway."

"Nah. I'm fine. You can eat it all."

"I can't no matter how much I want to. Come over? It's still early. The train's not gonna be crowded yet. Plus, I still owe you a Kit Kat. You left without one last night."

"Relax, I'm good and you can just give me extra Kit Kats next time. Have you heard from Yamada-san?"

"I have, as a matter of fact. Saw his email just now."

"What did he say?" Taeyeon asks, unconsciously holding her breath in anticipation for the news.

"Yeonho oppa said that he wanted me to stay for the rest of my two-week assignment because there's another project he wants my input on," replies Tiffany.

"But the final decision isn't his, is it?"

"No."

"So?"