Strawberry Kit Kat - Epilogue

Taeyeon opens the door and is greeted by laughter.

"There is nothing to laugh about," she says through a mouth full of Kit Kats.

"Yah! Don't spit on me. Ew!" Sunny flicks the green crumb off the sleeve of her jacket then pushes Taeyeon aside. "So you've been drowning yourself in Kit Kats?" she asks, taking her shoes and jacket off and heads straight to the living room.

"I can't let them expire."

"Wait. Are these the Kit Kats she gave you? Taeng, they're probably a year old by now!" exclaims Sunny as she sits down on the couch.

"They're not! They haven't expired plus I've always kept them in the fridge."

"How many have you eaten?"

"Just the spring ones," says Taeyeon as she tries to clean up the mess.

"The spring ones?" Sunny takes one of the torn wrappers, reading the words and date written on the back. "Ah. From those two weeks she spent here for work?"

"Yeah."

Sunny throws the wrapper back onto the messy coffee table. "I don't know which one is more disturbing: you actually cataloguing these Kit Kats or eating them after a year."

"I do not catalogue them!"

"You write down the dates and the name of the place where Fany gave them to you."

"Is it wrong to want to remember certain moments?"

"No, cheesy one, but you must admit that this is very sentimental. Does Fany know about this?"

"Yes."

"And she's still dating you? Wow."

"Shut up."

Sunny grins as she watches her friend toss all the torn wrappers to the trashcan then wipe the table clean.

"So I'm guessing that all is not well yet?"

Taeyeon shakes her head. "I think she's still pissed at me." She goes to get two cans of soda for her friend and herself before sitting on the other end of the couch, handing one cold can to Sunny.

"How can you tell?" asks Sunny.

"She's been ignoring my messages all day."

"Maybe she's too busy working."

"She usually always tells me when she's busy." Taeyeon sighs. "Our first fight. And right before my birthday. Awesome," she sarcastically says, flicking the tab of the soda can open to take a sip.

"Have you apologized?"

"Why should I? It's not my fault."

Sunny rolls her eyes. "Are you sure you're old enough to be in a relationship, Taenggoo?"

"But it's seriously not my fault! I didn't do anything!" Taeyeon sees Sunny glaring at her and sighs in defeat. "Fine. Maybe I shouldn't have made such a big deal out of it."

"Maybe?"

"Okay. I shouldn't have made a big deal out of it but it's gonna be the first birthday I get to spend with her. I want it to be special! Why she took the job is beyond me."

"She forgot, Taeng. She didn't realize it was your birthday until after she signed the contract. She has apologized, hasn't she?"

"Yeah but it's my birthday. She should've bookmarked it, set alerts for it or close down her business for all I know." Taeyeon then sulks like a kid.