~13~

~Scout~ *tw*
It had been a few days since I was told the news, and I was trying my best to hide the pain. The guys were starting to get suspicious about it and would ask if I'm okay, but I just shook them all off.

I walked down the hall, trying to find Cole and Max when I was yanked into one of the dressing rooms. Alex shut the door and leaned against it.

"What are you doing?" He raised an eyebrow. "Come on, what is the issue?" I stared at him. "What are you talking about?"

He sighed. "You have been more quiet and distance lately. What is the issue? Did one of the guys do something?"

I sat on the couch and stared at my hands. "Jane's gone." I spoke as quietly as I possibly could, hoping not to cue any tears.

"What?" He moved to stand in front of me and I looked up at him with teary eyes. "Jane's gone. She overdosed. I lost my best friend."

I started sobbing into my hands and I felt a dip in the couch next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his embrace.

"Scout, why didn't you come talk to me? I would've been there for you." I pulled my head out of my hands.

I was a mess.

"I didn't want to bother anyone or make them worry." He sighed. "Well, unfortunately, you've failed on that part. Everyone's worried,"

I groaned and put my head back into my hands.

"Scout, I know it hurts. The pain won't go away easily, but you have people to talk to. You have me, and the guys, you've got Waterparks, SWMRS, The Wrecks, we all care about you,"

He rubbed my arm and I moved my head to his shoulder. "And I know how you feel. That's the same pain that I had when Tom died."

Tom.

"Does it get better?" I looked up at him. "It takes time. It also take the right people to help you cope with it. Luckily for me, a couple weeks later, I got a pretty amazing baby sister."

I tried to hide my smile. "Stop." He chuckled lightly. "Don't try to mask the pain. It'll make it even worse in the end. It's okay to cry, it's okay to let out the pain. No one is going to yell at you for it."

I moved my head away. "Her family is having a memorial service before school. I'm not sure if I can bring myself to go."

He took my hand. "You have time to think about it. I know it'll be hard, but I'll be there with you. I love you, Scout."

He pulled me into a tight hug and I let the tears roll down.

We finally left the room and wandered to side stage, where everyone was. Awsten's expression changed as soon as he saw my tear-stained cheeks.

"Oh, Munchkin, what happened?!" He pulled me into a hug. "Awsten, I'm fine. Just let some emotions out." I looked at Alex and he gave me a reassuring smile.

Cole pat my back. "Hey, if you need anything, just yell for any of us. We'd drop anything for you." I smiled softly.

"Thanks, guys."