~19~

~Scout~ *tw*
My thoughts were getting to me and I sat in the bathroom at two in the morning, staring at the mess I made.

I promised Jane that I wouldn't do this to myself, and I did.

My tears were mixing in with the blood dripping from my arms and I let out a sniffle. I knew that Lisa was fast asleep so I could take all the time I needed.

I missed my best friend so much.

I knew I should've called someone and talked to them, but it's late, and I hate being a bother to anyone.

When my arms stopped bleeding, I wiped up the mess and threw the rag into the hamper, retreating back to my room.

I laid in my bed and started tearing up again. I had bottled up my feelings for so long that it was really hurting me.

Not that anyone was here to care.

~Alex~
I landed pretty late and got an Uber home instead of calling Lisa to pick me up. I went inside and was greeted by the dogs.

I shushed Sebastian and pet them both, making sure they knew it was me. I went upstairs and before I went into my room, I went to check on Scout.

I saw a light coming from under her door and peeked inside. She sat up and wiped her eyes. "Scout? What's wrong?"

She smiled, obviously trying to hide something. "Nothing. When did you get back?" I had her scoot over and sat down next to her.

"Just now. C'mon, tell me what's wrong." She looked down and wrapped her arms around myself. "It still hurts. I know, I'm being ridiculous and holding onto it, but it really hurts."

I felt horrible. "Scout, I know it does. It takes a long time to heal from this." She looked up at me. "But you got over it so quickly, why can't I?"

I knew it was time to come clean. "Scout, it took me years to get over it. The only reason I acted like I did was because I had important things to distract me. I had a newborn sister, then I had my music, but it still hurt me badly,"

She started to cry again. "Listen to me, you do not need anyone telling you when to get over it. For some people, it takes months, others, years, and there's some people who never get over it. People struggle with loss in different ways,"

She became silent. "Scout?" She ignored me. Something was wrong. "Scout, what happened?" She moved her arms and her sleeves were soaked.

No.

I took one of her arms and moved the sleeve. "Oh, my God." She avoided my gaze. "I'm sorry." It was so hard to hear her, she was speaking so quietly.

"Why didn't you talk to somebody?" She took her arm away. "It's late. I didn't want to wake anyone up and make them mad at me."

I pulled her into a hug. "Come with me." I stood up and she did the same, following me into the bathroom.

I looked through the cabinets and found some medicine to rub onto it and some gauze. I made her sit on the counter and used a damp cloth to clean off any blood and rubbed the medicine on.

She hissed from the stinging. I wrapped her arms and taped it down with medical tape. "Hey," I caught her attention.

"Promise me you will talk to someone before ever going and attempting this again." She nodded. "I promise." I pulled her into another hug.

"I love you, Scout. I don't want to lose you like I lost Tom." She wrapped her arms around me and I smiled softly.