~17~

~Scout~
First day of senior year at the Baltimore high school. I'll admit, it was weird going to a different school with different classmates.

I had grown up with all of mine, so it was hard that I didn't know anyone.

Alex and I walked through the school, to the office. Because it was later that he signed me up, he had to finish any paperwork while I got a guide and my papers since I was a new student to the school.

"Hello! Can I help you?" The receptionist smiled at Alex. "Gaskarth? I needed to finish some paperwork and she needs her stuff for school."

The lady stood up. "Yes! Let me get her papers real quick and then I'll give you your paperwork." She disappeared and returned with some papers.

"What are these?" She smiled. "Your locker combination and a printout of your schedule. You would've gotten it emailed to you but you were late to enrollment, correct?"

I nodded. She walked past me and opened the door, motioning for someone. Cute shoe guy walked in behind her.

"This is Levi Monroe. He will be showing you around and to your classes." She finally motioned me out and we walked down the hall.

"So, you're Alex's sister?" I looked at him. "Yup. You going to treat me nice because he's my brother?" He laughed.

"Hell no. I'll treat you like everyone else, munchkin." I stopped. "Hey, no, only Awsten can use that nickname for me."

He rolled his eyes and we ended up at my locker. I put the combination in and shoved my shit inside. "I didn't get your name."

I looked at him. "Scout Gaskarth." He stared at me. "That's your real name?" I shook my head. "No, it's my nickname, but everyone calls me Scout."

I shut my locker and noticed Ash and Eddie down the hall. I smiled and walked towards them. "Hey!" Eddie looked up and grinned.

"Scout! What are you doing here?" I held my backpack up. "I'm a student here." The two of them frowned immediately.

Levi walked up behind me. "You know these losers?" Eddie rolled his eyes. "You know this asshole?" I could sense some tension here.

"Well, I met Ash and Eddie at the one Baltimore show. Levi is showing me around." Levi let out a fake laugh. "Oh, yeah. The shows that I couldn't go to."

The bell rang and everyone disbanded. I followed Levi as he showed me to my class.

~

After school, I walked to Alex and Lisa's and inside. Sebastian greeted me at the door and I crouched down to pet him.

"Scout? Is that you?" Lisa walked into the entry and I stood up. "The one and only." She gave me a hug and smiled.

"Alex left, but he says goodbye and he'll call you when he gets to the hotel," I was sad that Alex was continuing with tour, but I knew he'd be back pretty soon.

"Now, tell me about your first day." We moved to the living room and I collapsed onto the couch. "Five minutes in, and I got caught between drama."

She frowned. "Not what I was hoping to hear." I explained the situation between Ash, Eddie, and Levi. "I don't even know what happened between them!"

She pat my shoulder. "They probably need an intervention and sit and talk." I nodded and she stood up.

"Don't leave me!" She smiled. "I'm making some coffee. Would you like some?" I sighed. "Yes, please." She went into the kitchen and I checked my phone.