1. Job

The sound of clicking mouse filled up a small, peach room inside of an apartment in the middle of Seoul, South Korea. It was a breeze, silent night and a girl with a black hair tied in a messy bun, crossed her legs on a chair in front of her pink laptop.
She point the mouse cursor to a link that was sent to her email just now.

Just then, the breeze, silent night ruined by a squeaking cry, "What the FUDGE?!"

Her fingers ran through her hair and pulled some, ignoring the pain which was defeated by the shocking news.

"Yah! I'm trying to watch a live, here!" Another feminine shout was thrown from outside the room, making the girl snapped her head to the source of the sound and rushed to open the door. She ran through the corridor to find her roommate in a fine living room.

"Emergency, Jiyeon-ah!" She landed on her knees and shook Jiyeon's legs that hangs from the couch. Being disturbed Jiyeon was, she kicked the girl lightly and shushed her down, "Shh, Jungkook is talking!"

"No, this is bad, it's so bad!" The girl panicked, she inhaled deeply and blew out from her mouth, making her lips went shaking. Jiyeon take no attention at her friend, she was busy smiling at a talking handsome man on the screen. "Jiyeon-ah!! I'm dead."

Jiyeon sighed, "No you're not," she said, eyes still glued to her phone.

"Listen," the girl told her firmly, her hands grabbing both of Jiyeon's legs, followed by a not- interested hums from the owner. "I need to find a job."

"Good,"

"That's it?" The girl looked at Jiyeon with an opened mouth and big eyes,

Jiyeon. gave her a quick look before back to her phone and said, "Hm, go find it."

"Jiyeon,"

"Hm,"

"The electricity bill is getting higher!" The girl cried, she burried her face between Jiyeon's legs and whines. There, for three minutes she whined for how could she find all the money. She wasn't very good at smiling at costumers, pet walking, shop keeping, nor singing in a cafe. Well, she wasn't very talented, that would say.

"That's good."

The girl's whining stopped, there was a pause before then a barking voice cracked Jiyeon's ears, "You stupid, useless friend! I hate you!" She got up and stomped back to her bedroom. Getting in before banging the door shut.

"Oh, no you don't~" was all Jiyeon said.

Now the girl sat back to her chair, getting all frustrated by only looking at numbers. She couldn't tell this to her family back in Indonesia, that would be a hard time for her parents. Tapping her fingers on the desk, she tried to search for a job hirements online.

Nothing got her interest -well, more like suit her talent- until she read a link to a janitor hirement in SunA company.

Now we're talking. I'm very good at cleaning. She thought.

Later that fine morning, again, a peaceful dawn got interrupted by a cracking shout. "AH!!" The girl sat up from her sleep, sweat running down from her forehead and her breath was short. "What was that?"

Quickly she stretched her left arm to reach the book on the desk near her bed. She took a pen and her phone to light up the page she was going to write on.

I was in a house. It was nice and big. Confusing, but It felt familiar. Suddenly I got pushed by a strong wind and then I was outside. Before I could blink twice, a lion in front of me was watching me hungrily. I ran for life, while the lion keep chasing me. What does that mean?

Closing the book, she put what were on her hands back to the desk. She jumped out of bed and head to the bathroom to have a quick cleaning before doing the prayer.

After some Al- Qur'an reciting, she got up and found her room's door creaked open. Creepy, she waited for the silhouette of a messy haired girl come inside. "Nana-ya," it called ina hoarse, morning voice. The girl who was called Nana taken aback, she almost burst out her chuckles when it finally shows itself. It was Jiyeon --which looked more like the lion in her dream to Nana -- walking in wobbly legs, "I miss him."

Naana lifted up a brow and watched Jiyeon throwing herself onto Nana's bed. "Since when did you get a boy?" She asked.

Jiyeon hummed, "Of course. I'm not that miserable like you. Who's mom always asking when will her pretty daughter got married!"

"Oh really? What's his name?"

"Jeon Jungkook." Jiyeon smirked inside the bed cover, while Nana put her palm on her forehead.

🔆🔆🔆

It was a good news.

Around lunch time, Nana was checking the application form that she sent through her email last night to the company. She automatically set a grin on her bright, yellowish face, when the company ask for an interview. Suddenly her heart beats faster when she acknowledged that the interview will be held on Thursday, which means two more days!

Quick as flies, she browsed on the internet on 'how to do a good interview'.

Nana was worried, nervous and suddenly lacked of confident. She bites her lips as she wrote down something what likely would be given as a question and prepare the answer.

"Imran-ssi?" A low voice broke Nana's focus and she lifted up her head to find a man smiling at her. Giving a slow nod, she greeted the man and asked if anything OK.

"Uhm, you know... Mr. Song wants you to check your email. And I uh.. Well, ah, never mind. Excuse me." The man gave her a little bow and left.

Weird, what does he have to be so nervous for? Nana thought as her neck spun following the man direction.

She snapped her head down at her phone on the table when it buzz. 'Mother' was showing on the screen and she grin in delights. Just what she needed.

"Assalamualaikum, Ma."

The line gone nice and smooth, she smiled when she heard how happy her mother's chuckles sound. "I miss you a lot. How are you?"

"Wa'alaikumussalaaam.. I miss you, too. I'm good. Everyone's good. How about there?"

There was a long conversation between them, sharing how life was going on. Nana was smiling all the time until there was a pause, and a question hit her chest like a rock, draining the smile that had been printed on her face.

"Kakak*, when will you be getting me a son-in-law?"

*Sister

🔆🔆🔆

Author note:

I'm terribly sorry for those readers who were in the middle of reading when I unpublish this book.
I'm here back with what I hope will be much better writing.
Also I really hope you enjoyed, thank you for reading! 🙏