2. Too Loud!

"Welcome to SunA company! Let's get our interview going!"

Happy, bright faces giving me smiles as I walk behind the woman who I assume the secretary. I feel confident and light, no pressure or whatever it is. As soon as the door of a room opened for me to get in, I met a very good looking man waiting for me. He smiles, gesturing me to sit, and we began the interview.

Or... That's what I predicted to be going like.

Sweet, fresh smell filling my small room. Scanning my look for today in the mirror, just to make sure my clothing is reaching perfect to get ready for the interview in 3 hours. Yes, 3 hours.

Good preparation makes good result, right?

I just couldn't get calm since last night. Though my mother and friends said it's going to be alright, I still think it's not easy. Thinking about how the people there giving me look is already too much of fear.

Succession of shrill rings cut the silence. I jumped up startled. Peering toward the phone that lied on the bed near the quilt, I quickly picked it up.

"Nana-ya, good luck! Do your best 'cause I'm gonna give you a surprise!"

Jiyeon's squealing voice sending chills from my ear, making me further away the phone a bit. As I was opening my mouth about going to say something, the call ended. Making me throw away the breath that I had to take just before the call ended.

🔆🔆🔆

"OK. Calm down, Nana, it's just a QnA." I said assuring myself as I stepped my feet in front of the tall building that I'll be working in. Ameen.

Taking one more deep breath, I walked myself into the building's environment in stiff steps. If anyone is looking at me, they'll probably thinks that I have metal legs.

As the main door slides, I met the information table where a woman in red suit smiled warmly to me, "How can I help you?" She asked in a repentant smile.

"I'm having an interview with Mr. Song. " I said, trying to smile as best as I can when I spot some people stared at me.

The woman showed me the room and I followed the way. When she knocked on the door, I heard an approval for me to come in and in I went after grasping my folders tight.

There were two men and they greet me in a bright smile, gesturing me to sit.  Being clumsy I was, the chair that was supposed to be seated by me got a nudge and it slided to the side. As if the time gone slower, I could see the two men's faces changed their expression, both opening their mouth, one of them giving a gasp as they looked at me. Of course I wasn't that sharp to catch myself before I tried to sit in the air, failing, hitting the ground instead.

"Heol!  Are you alright?" The man on the right lean on his desk to peek down on me, who was hissing with my face red in embarrassment.

🔆🔆🔆

"Then, you got accepted?" Jiyeon asked after she put a bowl of ramyeon on the table in front of me. Eyes glued on me, she stood near the edge of the table and waited for my answer.

"No," I sighed and stare at the ramyeon, "guess I won't have the surprise." Trailing my eyes to her, I got her looking at me with big, questioning eyes. Not saying a word, her shoulders dropped and sighed, maybe she was disappointed.