23. Meet-up

Okay, breath in... 

...breath out.

Whatever my dad plan is, it's crazy. Right now I'm in front of a cafe where we're going to meet. We; me and my future husband.

OMG, thinking about that has got me gone insane already. Here we go, Nana, it's going to be fine...

I enter the white and brown, cute cafe nervously where then greets by a cool breeze from the air conditioner. I remember the man said that he'll be wearing a white shirt and blue jeans, so i sweep the cafe in two scans- oh, there he is, I think. Sitting in the corner.

Clutching on my side bag, I begin to walk. As I walk, I feel like the main lead of a movie character where she's going to be all cool and swaggy- I don't know, I need to think like that at the moment, OK?

Head up,

Avoid table corners, yup,

Right foot,

Left foot- "AH!" I let a high pitch scream as I almost lay my face flat on the wooden tiles.

Straighten my body, I glance at the other costumers who are looking at me with wide eyes. I give them a quick sheepish smile, then continue walking with my warmed face.

"Hello," I greet him as soon as I get to him. He looks up to me with his Hazel eyes and smile warmly. "Hi, you must be Nana Imran?"

"Yes, yes that's me."

"Have a sit, please, let's eat, or do you just some drinks or coffee?" He asks me politely and I sit.  He looks at me expectantly, so I quickly say that I just want an iced coffee.

After he went to order, we chat as we wait for the waiter to bring our drinks and a cake for him. At the moment, I feel  better the more I know about this man.

Beside having a nice pair of hazels, he also has a not too pointy nose, small lips, slightly chubby cheeks and a few bouncy, curly fringe on his forehead. What he is looking is just the definition of innocence that I just want to hug and protect him from the cruel world.

Though him not having a sharp jaw-line is a bit disappointing. Not like Tae-

Get a grip, Nana.

I clear my throat when the waiter places our orders, "So what do you do in a free time?" I ask him.

He hums, "I like to memorize the Quraan, and sometimes play video games too."

Ah he's good..

"What about you?"

"I like to-" my answer cut off when his phone vibrate and I catch a heart emoticon. I look up to his face, wondering if he's going to pick it up or not, then his face get me a surprise. He is pale, wide eyes looking at his phone.

"I- I'm sorry I need to pick this up." With that, he exit the cafe and vanishes.

I wonder...

---

"So what happened then?" Rita, my sister asks me as she sips her chocolate milk, her eyes nailed on me.

After he picked up his call, we pretty much just awkwardly continued... Well, he was awkward, I wasn't.

I shrug, "Not much, he looked kinda off."

"You know what," Rita moves her mug away to put her legs up on my desk. She brushes off my glare and continue giving out her opinion like some consultant she is, "I think he has a girlfriend."

"That's what I thought." I agree, you only put heart emoticons on people you love, right?

"Yeah, tell Papa and meet another man. I don't want you to be 'the third parties'."

I scoff, "Neither do I. But I can't just say that, you know how Papa keeps talking about this guy like he was some celebrity-"

"Like some Taehyung-"

"-shut up."

Rita bursts out laughing, her head falls backward for a moment before gravity pulls her whole body down all together.

I gasp and there's a loud thumping sound that makes me shut my eyes. "Damnit!" She curses when she hit the floor.

Opening my eyes, I look at her then burst out laughing, louder than she did. Rita has her legs up on the rocked chair and her body squeezed between the chair and my bed trunk. My room isn't big, so her position is really awkward and hilarious.

"Oh, shut up."

Suddenly a song cut my laughter and I snap my head to the side where my phone lays on. Somebody's calling and I quickly jump to land on my stomach on the bed.

Flipping the phone up, my eyes widen when they catch a familiar name on the screen.

"What? Who's it?" Nada pushes behind me.

My voice can't make it way up to my mouth so I show her what's on my phone. "Oh my- pick it up!!"

As she says, my thumb slides up and the call goes on a line. "He- hello?" I hesitantly say in Korean.

The line sounds busy, then a voice finally rings out. A voice that I missed so much.

"Nana-ya!!"

I let out a little gasp of air as I try to hold in my tears.

"It's been a long time, I'm sorry I've been so busy that I can't even sleep with my eyes close!"

I managed to smile, "It's okay... You've been living well, right?"

He sighs, "Well, yeah, the concerts were cool and exciting. But I missed you so much. Why didn't you tell me you went back to Indonesia? I went to your apartment to surprise you but it was on rent!"

"How am I suppose to do that when a simple 'hi' couldn't even get a reply?" I wanted to snap that at him, but my voice came out soft, which makes it intimidating I guess.

The like went silent, then I hear Taehyung chuckles sheepishly, "So- sorry, I swear I wasn't faking it, I really was busy-"

"It is fine, Oppa. I know you're still alive that's what matters."

I hear a snort from behind me and Rita's covering her mouth from laughing.

"Umm, Naa-ya?"

Ah, the nickname...

"Yeah?" I ask him, confused at his silence that slowly makes me nervous. What if he's going to tell me that he has a girlfriend now? What if-

You went on a date, and he can't have one?

Oh right...

Finally a sound made out, he sighs through the line, "You'll wait for me... Right?"

I didn't expect that so all I do is staring to the wall across the bed. I realise I wasn't even breathing when Rita slap my shoulder.

"....Naa-ya?"

"Ah, Oh I um.."

"Nana, you haven't gotten a boyfriend yet right? I mean- I..."

Before he can continue whatever he's going to say, I cut him, "Look, Taehyung oppa, I'm a woman and my family wants the best for me, for my future life, we women aged faster than you men so my parents want me to get married as soon as possible-"

"But you're only 22-"

"I don't know how waiting for you would solve every problems we have in front us, so, I don't know... As much I want you, I don't want to lose what's right for me."

He sighs, "I know, Naa-ya, I know. Please wait a little longer."

****

Hello;)
Please stay safe and be healthy!

(Unedited)