Chapter ten ☆

Special recognition to all of the lovely people who commented on my chapters! You've really made my day every time you've commented something nice! Thank you. Now to the part you've all been waiting for...
°°°

At that text, Sirius abruptly turned around. What did Remus mean? 'Im already here?' He was nowhere to be seen. Sirius would have fainted if he'd seen that cute face. His hair dropped down into his eyes as he flung himself around to look at James. "Do you have anything to do with some surprise or something? Istg if you do James Potter..."

James looked blankly back at Sirius. "What surprise? There was a surprise? Oops, I probably should have listened to Lily." Sirius rolled his eyes and continued to dart around looking for Remus. As he looked, he fiddled with various different sugars and cocoa powder. What was wrong with him? He'd never been this nervous before. Then, there was a hand on his shoulder. It felt pleasantly warm. He turned around expecting Remus but- it was James.

At this, Sirius blew. "Why did you do that for you git?! You know I'm looking for Remus, you nearly got my hopes up." Sirius shouted and then he slumped into the nearest seat with his hands on his head. "Dude, I know what you're feeling. It's okay to be nervous, you're in love. And I know that seems crazy because well, you haven't even met the guy. But he makes you the happiest guy ever. He'll turn up."

"Can I get you anything?" Chirped a timid voice behind them. "Erm yeah, my usual please Charlotte, make that two. And a latte with extra milk for James." Sirius practically groaned. "Sure thing! Our trainee waitor will be over with them right away." And off she hopped to the front of the coffee shop.
°°°
"What if he takes it badly instead of being happy?" Remus nervously whispered. "Oh will you stop being so petty, Remus Lupin. He loves you, and you love him. Now put on the uniform"

The pair were indeed in the coffee shop already. Remus would never lie to Sirius. Quickly, I poked his head out of the kitchen door and looked for Sirius. Sirius looked like he'd just been stood up. That was not good. "Okay, Lily I think we need to hurry up. Sirius looks sad and he probably thinks I've stood him up."

The girl with the mousy voice appeared next door to Remus. "I've told them that a trainee is going to come over with their order so all you have to do is pretend to work here." Charlotte looked more excited than Remus did although nobody could beat how excited Lily was. "Reemy, this is it. You're actually meeting him"
°°°
"Where is this trainee with our drinks? If Remus isn't turning up, I at least want a coffee to drown my sorrows in." Sirius grumbled. At that, James decided to see where Remus was. He did not just get out of bed for nothing.

Remus, where are you? Sirius looks depressed.

Then there was a PING! 'What?' James thought. He actually is in here.

James potter, this is Lily on Remus' phone. We'll be a minute. It's a surprise.

James knew it. He absolutely knew it. Lily was such a sweetheart, she'd planned a surprise. "I don't know mate, the drink will be here in a minute. And so will Remus." He almost winked but stopped himself.
°°°
The burgundy apron really did work well with the Coffee shop's colour scheme. The sunlight weaved its way through the windows and shone through Remus' hair. It almost made him look like an angel. I suppose, he was an angel. Sirius' angel.

Every step Remus took was a step closer to the love of his life. Sometimes he thought it was stupid that he had fell in love with a guy he'd never met but you never know unless you try. Now, he was inches away from Sirius' table. He could hear Sirius' husky but sexy voice in the distance. He cleared his throat and continued on.

"Is this table 20? Here are your orders." Remus said shyly under his breath. "Thank you Remus-" Sirius replied. It took a couple of seconds of silence before there was a hurricane of realisation. "Wait, wait. REMUS LUPIN?" Sirius Black almost cried. His face grew with a wide smile as his arms came up to hug Remus.

As they hugged, for around 30 seconds straight, James and Lily sat back and beemed brightly up at them. You could almost touch how proud both of them were. "You're real." Remus breathed into Sirius' ear. "I'm real." Sirius replied between a little sob.
°°°
Sirius and Remus continuingly stared at eachother as James and Lily were trying to talk to them. They were both in their own little world. All they needed was eachother.

Sirius linked his hand inside Remus' under the table. They fitted inside eachother perfectly. His thumb stroked the side of Remus' hand and he squeezed his hand slightly in reassurance. At this, obviously, Remus went bright red and smiled at the ground.

You're cute when you blush.

You're always hot.

"Ehem!" Lily coughed. "You two are literally right next to eachother. Yet you're texting? Honestly. I will never understand." Sirius and Remus looked at eachother and burst out laughing. Who knew that a drunk text would lead to love?