Chapter Nineteen ☆

welcome back to one of the final chapters! can't believe u guys love this so much. thank you for the love, enjoy.

"Okay, usually you call the shots but I have an idea", Remus said finally. "Like you said, as soon as the PM hears operation galaxy, he'll go mad. So, let's do just that"

Without warning, Remus runs up to the gates and starts talking to a security guard. Sirius stood in shock, not knowing Remus' plan. "Hey Sexy, I like your outfit." Remus started taunting. He did this several times to different guards, all of them shooing him away. Until he reached one who replied "I do too, I'm actually new here." The joy physically beamed from Remus' face, BINGO.

"Oh, you're new? I wouldn't have known, you're so professional. Look, my friend over there is hurt, can we please use your radio? Our phones are dead." Without a single second of hesitation, the guard passed over his radio. It really was their lucky day. By this time, Sirius had realised what Remus was doing and started grumbling and wincing in pain.

Remus walked away and studied the radio, what station would be the Prime Minister? After a short time, Remus had reached the last channel when a rough voice came on. "You haven't seen the rat's stupid friends have you?"

It was him, the prime minister. Remus didn't know whether to cry or laugh. That man, that voice killed Galaxy. But now his plan was settling in. He pressed the button to reply, as he did it felt like time froze. "Operation Galaxy, June 18th 2016"

--

The speakers in Peter's cell suddenly came alive. He didn't even know there was speakers. They crackled and buzzed before a voice came on, "Well, well, well... turns out that your little friends are quite clever. Too bad that they'll have to die. The one with freckles is cute too." After that, the broadcast ended with several clear tuts. Then, the lights flickered and went completely out, leaving Peter sobbing in the darkness.

He started to rock back and forth, muttering some broken sentences until he broke into a monologue.

"Stupid stupid me. I didn't mean to betray them. I didn't mean to. They were good friends. They were my friends. If only I hadn't met Tom. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

--

Remus handed back the radio and pretended to walk away. Then, all at once, 10 guards called after him. "Sir, SIR! Were you here to see the Prime Minister? He wants to see you two that were at the gates"

Sirius smirked and pulled Remus in for a celebratory kiss. He then turned around, flicking his hair as he did. "Why yes, I believe we're having afternoon tea?", he sniggered.

The huge wrought iron gates were pulled open immediately by the guards and the pair automatically waltzed in. Remus delivered a deliberate wink to the new guard as he went through. Sirius clocked this and stared at him. "What, can't a guy repay a favour?" Remus addressed Sirius, biting his lip, teasing.

It was a short walk from the gates to the door so both of them soon found themselves staring at the huge number 10. Sirius slicked back his hair with his palm and rubbed his hands together before reaching for the knocker. Remus instantly swatted away his hand. "Sirius, my love, what ARE you doing? You don't knock on the door, he already knows you're coming in." Sirius' face had grown red like roses. He felt powerless when Remus took over the plan. He wanted to lead it, but he knew Remus had to do this. For Galaxy.

--

Peter had now dragged himself to the door of the cell and was clawing at the metal. His fingers were bleeding with his nails being so filed down. His face was wet, a mixture of nervous sweat, tears and blood. "Mr Prime Minister, Sir. I can stop them. You taught me how to, remember..." An inescapable please followed but it was unheard.

A guard opened the door and startled Peter, who fell forwards from leaning on it. "Peter, stop screaming. He's going to give you a chance. Your friends are at the door. He has a plan."

Peter gulped hard but followed the guard, he was just glad to be out of that hellhole. The dingy scenes quickly turned into lavish furniture. He didn't think that he was in the same building. The prime minister really did have a big façade. He finally reached a door in the middle of the building where the guard held out his arm, "He's in there. Off you go, try not to die in there - it makes the cleaning bill extremely high"

His palms were sweaty. What was the prime minister going to do to him? What was he going to ask him to do? Then, he took the leap and opened the door. A figure sat in a large spinning chair sneered at Peter.

---

Remus' palms were sweaty. What was the prime minister going to do to him? What was he going to do to defeat the evil power? Then, he took the leap and opened the door. Sirius grabbed his other hand and squeezed it in reassurance. They were greeted with an overwhelming air of wealth.

There were no guards around at all as they continued through the first level of the building. It was surprising and Sirius had a sick feeling that something bad was about to happen.

Without alerting anyone, the pair frantically opened the doors to random rooms and searched them vigorously. They just needed one piece of evidence. All of the rooms looked the same: white walls, brown furniture and a desk. Except one.

Remus walked in first and almost fainted before Sirius pushed his way through. The entire room was painted like a galaxy. There was no furniture whatsoever, in fact there was nothing at all apart from a box. Remus instantly ran to it, knowing that the murals on the walls were not coincidental. Sirius met him at his side and rested a hand on his shoulder. "You can do this.", He whispered.

Slowly, Remus opened the lid of the box to reveal the contents. For a few seconds, nothing registered into his head. Tears just fell. In this large box, there was 2 Polaroid photos. The one on top was the photo of when Sirius and Remus first met. The one that a stranger randomly sent Remus later that night. The second - Galaxy and Remus on a motorcycle that tragic night.

--

"Peter. Peter. Peter. You need to prove your loyalty, once and for all.", the figure's voice boomed. By now, Peter had been seated in front of the prime minister. He was twiddling his thumbs nervously. "Of course Sir, what shall I do?" At that, the prime minister slid a package across the table and nodded. Peter knew what had to be done.

--

Sirius and Remus had been sat looking at the photos, not moving, for almost 15 minutes. Sirius was trying desperately to comfort Remus, while also convincing him that he still needs to go along with the plan. He stroked Remus' hair in a caring way and as he went to kiss his forehead, there was a knock at the door. It swung open.

"Remus. You simply cannot be loved. They will always die. And nobody but you will ever know."

Peter stood with a gun pointing towards Sirius, his arms trembling miserably. His vision was clouded by the tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Sirius."