Chapter Seventeen ☆

Guess who's back? Sadly, at a very tragic time. If you're still here, sit back and enjoy. And remember, stay home and stay safe.

It was morning. Normally, the sun shone vibrantly over the parks, illuminating the trees. But today was different. Today was a dark day. As Remus stomped through piles of damp leaves and over cracked pavements, the clouds hung heavy. The clouds would burst any minute, just like Remus. His head felt like it was going to explode. He wanted to kill Peter. Kill anyone. Although, most of all he wanted to kill himself. How could he have been so ignorant? So blind?

His phone flashed constantly in alarm. Sirius. He was so caring. So smart too, to work this out. But he just didn't know how Remus felt. Remus decided not to answer anybody's messages, he was best alone right now. What he did do was open his gallery, making memories flood back. Near to the top was the photo from the coffee shop. Remus and Sirius beamed with admiration, hands interlocking. Looks of confusion crossed Remus' face now. Who took the photo and why did they send it? Tapping on the photo details, Remus skimmed through the file size, the date taken. Finally, he settled on the device name.

51.5034° N, 0.1276° W

The device name was coordinates. Maybe Remus being in the scouts when he was young did become useful. He scrambled for his phone, clicking onto Google Maps and copying in the details. It seemed that the app was taking eternity to load, sending Remus into an impatient frenzy. Then, BING. The red pin appeared on the location. The red pin was stabbing Remus through the heart.

10 Downing Street

---

Sirius didn't know who to call. He had called Remus over a hundred times. No use. He wasn't going to pick up. Tears began to stream down his cheeks, glistening over his angular features. He mumbled to himself in hesitation "I can't go after him because what if he comes back here. Oh god oh god."

After moments of delusional confusion, he slumped over his desk. Mess was still piled everywhere from the antics of the night before. Sirius stared into the face of Peter. Grunted several times. "What are you up to?" He whispered intently. He started to fumble through the paperwork, as though he would find something useful. Hours of stalking Peter had revealed nothing. That he was just a weird friendless nerd.

Nothing was working. He was no detective. With a heavy heart, Sirius retreated and decided to try the group chat.

---

Sirius
Lily
James
[Peter]

Guys. Remus has disappeared. He uh, stormed out.

Stormed out? Sirius, what did you do?

Nothing, he's after the killers.

We have to find him then. We need to help him. No offence, but I don't think he could fight them off.

[Definitely not]

You're still here then.

Sadly

[I think I found something useful actually. Remember that guy in school who bullied literally all the gay people]

Yes, he bullied Reemy too.

[He was in the coffee shop when Sirius and Remus were. Maybe he took and sent the photo]

Photo? How do you know about the photo? You weren't told about it.

[Yes I was. I definitely was]

You didn't walk home with us Peter, you wasn't told. Care to explain?

[I had an important meeting in London. But no, you told me afterwards]

Oh I'm Peter Pettigrew and I have extremely important meetings in London with the Queen.

[It was the prime minister ACTUALLY]

*Peter Pettigrew deleted a message*

Too late Peter. We saw the message. Why the fuck are you meeting the prime minister?

---

From completely separate locations, Remus and Sirius both picked up their phones to call one another.

"Sirius."
"Remus."

"This is political." They said in unison. It was becoming a habit now.

"How did you find out?" Questioned Remus. Sirius inhaled deeply as he revealed that Peter slipped up about his secret meetings. Remus then explained "Well the device name the photo from the coffee shop was taken on was coordinates. I searched them and they are for 10 Downing Street."

"Shit" they both exhaled. Still on the phone, Remus rummaged around his pockets for his money and bank card. £30 in cash, £70 on the card. "Sirius Honey, how much money do you have?" Sirius smirked at the question, instantly knowing what Remus wanted to do. "Enough to get to London" he whispered.

At that, both boys gained tremendous determination. Remus sat on a nearby bench, panting with adrenaline. Meanwhile, Sirius dashed out of the door, a small backpack on his back. He packed a jumper for Remus, food for Remus, sweet tea for Remus and money. He didn't need anything.

Pavement turned into a motorway to Sirius as he flew across town to whisk Remus away. His entire body shook with anxiety as he strode. He had to do this for the love of his life. After contemplating for a while, Sirius lifted his head from the identical paving squares. Across the road sat Remus, a ball of complete cuteness. At this sight, Sirius starts to run and dives into Remus' arms.

He breathed heavily into his neck as Remus delicately sobbed into Sirius' shoulder. Their legs brushed together as Sirius pretty much straddled Remus. After a few minutes, Sirius lifted his head staring into Remus' eyes. Remus' eyelashes stuck together with the tears as he gracefully blinked. His watery eyes became almost translucent as his freckles were full of firey colour. Sirius planted a small kiss on the top of his nose as Remus stroked the back of his neck. Their foreheads touched as Remus lurched in for more. Remus' lips dusted Sirius' in a passionate embrace. The kiss tasted like peppermint, tears and admiration.

"Let's go knock on the prime minister's front door"